Thread: Milbro Model G10 20 Shot BB Repeater Air Pistol

Milbro Model G10 20 Shot BB Repeater Air Pistol

OK, not quite in a par with my LP50, but.....

I acquired one of these over the weekend, keeping it as more a collectors piece.

I remember, I think it was the very first Air Gun World issue, which I still have, had an article about prinking with one of these and have been wanting one ever since. So it's been a while in coming so I now feel complete.

Best thing is this one is in the original box and looks almost new, the instructions have a date on them, 1972

So, my question is, does anyone know a brief history on these, I thought at one point they were made by Diana, but I could be wrong on that. When were they first made, etc...

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

G10

The pistol began as the single shot Marksman pistol (MP) in 1955 and was made in California, in 1958 the 20 shot repeater was produced, this was the MPR and the birth of the first G10. It was marketed also by Sears and in 1969 came to the UK as the Diana repeater thanks to Millard brothers and in 1970 started to be known as the Milbro repeater. After sportsmarketing took over it was known as the G10 from 1986.
    I got this info from the John Griffiths encyclopedia and it was interesting to look up as the milbro repeater was my first gun.

Thanks GRAZY,

Very interesting and just what I was looking for, sounds like a good book as well, may look out for that....

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Blast from the past

That was my 2nd air pistol cost five bob from my neighbours catalogue, (25p)

The first was a Webley Junior when I was 11 in 1955 which I still have and shoot,

A Friend of mine moved to Eastern Europe a few years ago and gave a Milbro to me,

It could make a dent in a card target at 6 yards,

I had a play and it destroys card targets nowadays, it can be surprisingly accurate and is great fun in the winter in my little workshop,

It was made in Torrance California,

Thanks for jogging my memory,

Regards, Bernard/ratty.