Thread: western arms

western arms

I have a western arms SVI infinity replica 45. It appears that the magazine does not hold a charge of gas and it seems to leak out. What is the cause of this? Is it a seal problem or do I need a new mag ? Does anbody know where I can buy the bits needed or a new mag?
    Thanks in advance for any help

If the gas leaks from the charging valve, it may be loose, or you could try removing the valve and adding some silicone grease to the seal. It's best to keep the mags charged when not in use as the gas also lubricates. I am not an expert on these guns, but have a bit of experience with kjw M9 pistols. I have got parts of the web for these just by doing a search for airsoft spares, China seems to be the best. I think the shop was KN mountain or something similar. Best of luck and hope this helps.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If you find a source for mags please let me know, I've been looking for about 12 months as I too have an SVI Infinity with only one mag
    Try major airsoft suppliers for seal sets,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Just looked on the KN mountain airsoft site and and they do a accessory set by bell for the 1911, I used the M9 version of this for my KJW mags and it worked so well I got 4 sets. The set includes mag valves and metal mag lips that are a straight swap for the standard plastic. Don't know if it will work on your gun but may be worth a try, just type 1911 into search bar on the site to find the bits.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Any chance of a link? Google doesn't find KN Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Any chance of a link? Google doesn't find KN Mountain
    The company you are looking for is KH mountain, I've bought from them before.
    ATB
    Greg

Gazzar,
    You are pulling down the locking tab at the top rear of the magazine to re set the valve, arent you.??
    Otherwise try Mike Cripps at Elite Shooting Centre as he may still have some seals left in stock.
    Pete

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I wondered if you find it easy to gas up the mag?
    I've got a WA Wilson Combat which I find very difficult to get gas into due to the very deep well to the inlet - do you have this problem with he Infinity and, if so, have you found a way round it?

stevew

steve
    You need to buy a nozzle extender, a little brass extension for your gas can, costs about £1 from any decent airsoft supplier.
    pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    steve
    You need to buy a nozzle extender, a little brass extension for your gas can, costs about £1 from any decent airsoft supplier.
    pete.
    Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAR15 View Post
    I have a western arms SVI infinity replica 45. It appears that the magazine does not hold a charge of gas and it seems to leak out. What is the cause of this? Is it a seal problem or do I need a new mag ? Does anbody know where I can buy the bits needed or a new mag?
    Thanks in advance for any help
    The seals can dry out over a period of time, they do however respond well to some TLC. If you are competent in stripping the mag down and have access to silicone grease and lubricant they can be given a new lease of life.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Anyone know where I can get a new slide for a SVI accellerator? It's a short 3.9 barrel pistol.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

I just bought a replacement here -

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines...bb-silver.html

It leaks like a sieve and doesn't quite fit the gun correctly, a quick strip reveals they've got some dimensions wrong in the firing valve area so it dumps gas if you try to fill it (even with the plate down, a new valve seat O ring and the valve pulled shut with long nosed pliers), once that's fixed the mag sits a little low in the gun so the valve plate isn't held down by the lever in the gun and can hold the valve open after the first shot - and it dumps the gas yet again!
    Holding the mag up at just the right height I can now get the gun cycling nicely so I guess I'll re-engineer it to fit and work as it's the only game in town for new WA SVI mags
    It's a lovely pistol so I'm still quite chuffed not to have to make the mags fron scratch

- Nick

I have found a place with some older type 30 rd mags in stock here:

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/showcatalog9d8c.html?CategoryLevel=2&Cat1=Magazine &Cat2=&Cat3=&CategoryName=WA

They appear to have some newer type 33 rd mags as well.

Just FYI.

I've have had gear from BoomArms a few years back and they where fine to deal with then.

-Rob