Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending goods without payment cleared

John Henry 1 Guest

Sending goods without payment cleared

Seems that quite a few are sending goods without first getting the cheques cleared. No disrespect to the sellers but it could all go pear shaped for the buyer as has happened on here in the past. I personally would only do this to someone I knew, had dealt with succesfully before or was recommended as reliable. I can see another one ending in tears, hope not.

sent goods no end of times be for payment cleared i think you get to now who's trust Worthy after a bit.

kevG Guest
    done it plenty of times,its called trust,it could work the other way round,some one could cash a cheque and not send the goods.

kevG

I have benefitted from this in the past, however my standard letter always makes it clear that I am happy to wait for my cheque to clear, that way it is up to the seller.

Richard
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Hello John Rhodes,

This thread of yours seems a bit biased.... sending goods before payment clears??.... this is accepted business practice, particularly here.

In every single transaction that takes place on this forum, ABSOLUTE trust must be given by at least one of the parties, and always by the buyer. The buyer in most cases (though not all) has to put absolute trust in the seller to deliver the goods once they have been paid for!! He mostly sends payment in advance, trusting that the goods will be delivered once that his payment has been received. Where is the difference??, YOU have to send cash/cheque to a seller before YOU get the goods..or are you one of those (thankfully few) people, who will not buy, or send cash until he has inspected the goods?, or are you a seller only, who will not trust anybody??

Mark my words... if there is a seller, or a buyer who is untrustworthy on this site, we will soon get to know about him/her.

In general, I will always send goods without payment, once a person has been recommended, or if I have dealt with them sucessfully in the past.. and others reciprocate by doing the same for me.

Believe me, it works, or at least it has so far, after many sucessful transactions.

If you can't live with that, or are not prepared to give your trust, go to a second hand shop, or eboy, where, believe it or not, you are much more likely to get ripped off, by a seller selling stolen/faulty/illegal goods, and who has, more than likely, no knowledge of what he is selling AND you're just as likely, particularly with eboy, not to get the goods once you have paid for them.

Good (risk free) hunting (or is that impossible )

Doug
    Regards,

Doug

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    I've done it a couple of times in the past with no problems,

What is more nerve wrecking is swapping rifles, when you've agreed to send out your rifle first

but I like many others on here have had no problems, so long as your dealing with an established member, most people are more worried about their reputation than ripping anyone off or pulling a fast one, about the only time I have waited for a cheque to clear is if I have been dealing with a new member.

Gary C Guest
    Question of trust.

Without wishing to sound arrogant why the heck should I with 6000 posts and probably 50 purchases be expected to send a cheque and wait for it to be cleared to a guy with no history ?.

It is a 2 way thing. If I deal with somebody it is a cross transaction with equal risk and respect on both sides. Sadly I always do a few checks first with people who know them.

Lash13 Guest
    We have to trust each other.......

Bet you're wishing you never started this thread now eh, John?

All part of life's rich tapestry......

There are people out there who are just rogues. Hopefully, should they 'catch' someone here, it'll be for a small amount. And they'll forfeit their reputation/account for doing it.

If it's for a larger amount, then hopefully they like Pizza.
    To be good, one must do good.

kevG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash151
    We have to trust each other.......
    simple short words,that mean more than whats all ready been said on this thread post count and time served mean nothing to me,ive met and dealt with people who hardly post on here,most are top blokes.i mean look at me,i lost around 6000 post in the big shake up,does that make me less trust worthy.i think not.

kevG

Quote Originally Posted by kevG
    simple short words,that mean more than whats all ready been said on this thread post count and time served mean nothing to me,ive met and dealt with people who hardly post on here,most are top blokes.i mean look at me,i lost around 6000 post in the big shake up,does that make me less trust worthy.i think not.

kevG
    youv all ways looked a bit dodg,y to me kev.

One of our members paid me cash in a plain envelope for a pistol.

That was a dangerous move.

No problem with me. But I could have been some unscroupulouse sod.

Ray

kevG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboyp
    youv all ways looked a bit dodg,y to me kev.
    nothing to worry about bill,ime not from askern you know

kevG

done it a few times. no problems