Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strongest CHEAP air rifle

Strongest CHEAP air rifle

Anyone any ideas on the strongest cheap air rifle available? Just had a phone call from an aquaintance and he's got through 10 SMK's in a week on a fairground stall

He's looking at Gamo now to see if they last any longer. To be fair, the SMK's cost him about £30 each but that's not cheap if they only last a few days.

They don't need to be accurate

If he is paying only £30 each it is hardly surprising they only last a short time on a fairground stall.!!!!

You get what you pay for.
    pp

here we go again, cue the trolls... how on earth is he going through them exactly? what is "strong"? how are they breaking? and please refrain from calling them "smks" as it gives the wrong interpretation. please use the model you are referring to. I assume its the b2. to be honest if he's having them used many times every day as a professional tool he is going to have to buy one to fit the job, an occasional back garden plinker is not going to cut it. what does he class as "cheap"? i mean what's the mans budget? if ithey are going to have that much use he is going to have to spend some money on them
    Last edited by jetski; 28-11-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

Tell him to buy a/several Weihrauch HW 25 L in .177

Should last for ever with regular maintenance
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    If he is paying only £30 each it is hardly surprising they only last a short time on a fairground stall.!!!!

You get what you pay for.
    pp
    We already know that but thanks for the info anyway

here we go again, cue the trolls... how on earth is he going through them exactly? what is "strong"? how are they breaking? and please refrain from calling them "smks" as it gives the wrong interpretation. please use the model you are referring to. I assume its the b2. to be honest if he's having them used many times every day as a professional tool he is going to have to buy one to fit the job, an occasional back garden plinker is not going to cut it. what does he class as "cheap"? i mean what's the mans budget? if ithey are going to have that much use he is going to have to spend some money on them
    I don't know the model and I doubt he does. As far as I know (they're down in Hyde park) the pins are breaking on cocking.
    Price wise I think "cost effective" is what he's after bearing in mind they will only be used over Christmas then stashed / lost.

Tell him to buy a/several Weihrauch HW 25 L in .177

Should last for ever with regular maintenance
    Too expensive, the job doesn't justify the expense so I've been told.

If it is something like a pin on the cocking lever breaking, buy a f' kin big box of the pin's & change them every other day!!
    there's a reason cheap goods are cheap, they're made from cheap materials.

Hi all I dont want to appear thick but I keep seeing this word trolls or trolling what is it?

I wouldn't have been surprised at the SMK's wearing out very quickly but I am surprised they broke. Doesn't really matter whether you cock it 500 times in 6 months or 500 times in a day, it's still cocking it 500 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenland Hunter View Post
    Hi all I dont want to appear thick but I keep seeing this word trolls or trolling what is it?
    You pull a lure behind a motor boat and a Marlin hopefully eats it - that's all I know about it
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    If it is something like a pin on the cocking lever breaking, buy a f' kin big box of the pin's & change them every other day!!
    As I say, I've not seen them so I don't know if it's possible to change them easily or quickly. For all I know the "pin" maybe a link.

I have told him not to bin them but bring them back up with him when he's back at the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    You pull a lure behind a motor boat and a Marlin hopefully eats it - that's all I know about it
    Yep, it's when you tow a bait behind a boat nice and gently

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Good point

Or you could get stainless steel nuts and bolts the right diameter/length and substitute the pins. They would not break

The BARRELS WOULD PROBABLY THEN COME AWAY FROM THE BREECH BLOCKS

Sorry for the CAPS

troll

Quote Originally Posted by Fenland Hunter View Post

Troll "argumentative divvie."ie a post that is designed to create argument.

others may have other alternate descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Anyone any ideas on the strongest cheap air rifle available? Just had a phone call from an aquaintance and he's got through 10 SMK's in a week on a fairground stall

He's looking at Gamo now to see if they last any longer. To be fair, the SMK's cost him about £30 each but that's not cheap if they only last a few days.

They don't need to be accurate
    Could we buy some of his old ones??? I should be able to fix one
    As we are currently Gun less and only want a plinker

Quote Originally Posted by Roy D. View Post
    Troll "argumentative divvie."ie a post that is designed to create argument.

others may have other alternate descriptions.
    As in

177 or 22 - which is best and licencing non-FAC rifles - yes or no.

177 and no.
    It's only a bloody pellet gun for Gods sake!
    BASC member