Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW80 VS HW95 both good guns but which is best?

Weihrauch HW80 VS HW95 both good guns but which is best?

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in a position to buy my next airrifle, and I can't make my mind up whether to go for the HW95 or the HW80, I'm biased towards the HW80 but a club member has suggested the HW95 as being more accurate of the two, dunno what do you think?

Cheers
    Darren

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Buy second-hand ...

And track down an HW85 with the raised scope ramp. The design is more solid than the HW95, which replaced it as it was cheaper to make.

The HW80 is really an FAC rifle, so if you are buying new then the HW95 is probably the way to go with its faster lock-time, but really its best to spend the extra and get an HW98 which is probably the most accurate sub-12 ft/lb b/b Weihrauch make at the moment.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Both excellent. Choose on fit and weight, whichevers right is best.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Dunno about more accurate, question is do want a lightweight springer or a heavyweight springer?

I like heavyweight springers as to me they feel less snappy, flippy and less felt recoil, especially in .177.

If you don't want those things, get a 95

You might try keeping the power low on either if you want the least hold sensitivity, say 10.5 ft/lbs.

i agree. springers seem to be a lot nicer to shoot between 10.5 and 11 ft pounds.

why not go for an underlever such as the 77/97? if i were after a break barrel it'd be between the hw80 and the 98.

Hi Zipper, they are both cracking good guns , the hw80 is a well loved gun and
    is a bit on the heavy side, where as the hw95 is lighter but same as the hw80 is very
    accurate in the right hands, its really down to whether you like your springers heavyweight
    or lightweight, i personaly prefer a tuned hw95 myself but thats what i like you may prefer
    the hw80. either one of them to own is a pleasure!!!!! good luck with your choice.
    regards brian

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Both excellent. Choose on fit and weight, whichevers right is best.
    Yeah, pick one of each of them up. You will know immediately if you are going to get on with the Kannon!

If I was going to get a 12fp break barrel I think I'd get a 99 and tune it and put it in a heavy custom stock with a high comb.

What do you want the gun for?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    why not go for an underlever such as the 77/97? if i were after a break barrel it'd be between the hw80 and the 98.
    Firstly, thanks for all the reply's thank you. My current guns include HW77K and Cometa 300 & 400.

Cheers
    Darren

Hw80 is a true classic and a great gun and as stated before IMO they run better in fac. I would have a hw95 in 177 get a good kit for it, I'd have b&c in mine but others are good a hw98 is the same gun as a 95 with a shrouded barrel and better stock. Atvb rob
    Shot master tuned hw80/97k. BSA ultra s/s
    [url]www.airgunshooters.freeforums.org[/urll

HW80 gets my vote.

Martin

I'd go for the HW80 simply because I always wanted one plus that all time legendary status it has!!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Got one of each, HW80K in .22 and a HW95K in .177, both are very good and it depends on what you are going to use the airgun for. For hunting, either will do, but the 95 is lighter. For target shooting / hft the 77/97/98 are better choices.
    AA RN10 .177 with Nikko Targetmaster 10-50X60
    AA S200 .22 with Tasco 6-24X50
    HW77K .177 with Hawke 3-10X44

Like a lot of us that have been around for a while, I am very well acquainted with Weihrauchs offerings springer wise over the last few decades. The comments regarding the HW98 are spot on. My son has one and it is truly excellent. We have owned several 95s and I still use an 80 regularly. 98 is more accurate than any and is nearly on a parr with a PCP, providing you hold the gun properly of course.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    All been said, down to weight and size.

I've four 80's, two 95's and an 98 all in various guises. I like them all. They are all capable of customizing, all are very well made and have that great Rekkord trigger.

Its all down to you I'm afraid !

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………