Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW80 VS HW95 both good guns but which is best?

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Dunno about more accurate, question is do want a lightweight springer or a heavyweight springer?

I like heavyweight springers as to me they feel less snappy, flippy and less felt recoil, especially in .177.

If you don't want those things, get a 95

You might try keeping the power low on either if you want the least hold sensitivity, say 10.5 ft/lbs.

Are 95s lightweight then?

I've had my mates SFS tuned HW95k to play around with for the last couple of weeks and noted to myself it felt quite lardy compared to me Webley Xocet. So is the 95 a light weight as far as Weinrauchs go then?

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    All been said, down to weight and size.

I've four 80's, two 95's and an 98 all in various guises. I like them all. They are all capable of customizing, all are very well made and have that great Rekkord trigger.

Its all down to you I'm afraid !

Brider.
    Like them all (and the HW77 as it has open sights ) would love an HW80 in .25!

HW80 or HW95...hmmmmmmmmmmmm......let me think.......HW80 or HW95...hmmmmmmmmmmmm......let me think.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........hmmmmmmmmmmm.. ..difficult one this...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... .....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........GET BOTH

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet Paster View Post

I've had my mates SFS tuned HW95k to play around with for the last couple of weeks and noted to myself it felt quite lardy compared to me Webley Xocet. So is the 95 a light weight as far as Weinrauchs go then?
    Simply, yes!

The xocet and bsa's supersport are bordering on "junior" rifles.
    That's not a put down, I have a supersport that I love and has accounted for many bunnies. It does make my fenman feel like a fat bird on a stool tho!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by career707lover View Post

Even better if it's pushing them out at 800fps!

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet Paster View Post

Well I just weighed the 80 with an old fishing spring balance and it comes in at just over 11.5lb scoped.

See what your 95 comes in at, the one's I've tried felt very light.

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Even better if it's pushing them out at 800fps!
    Is it capable of that much, say with Milbro Rhino's (19grn?) that would be what....27ft/lbs?

Is it capable of that much, say with Milbro Rhino's (19grn?) that would be what....27ft/lbs?
    It's designed to run 20+ in .22. I don't see 26-27 being out of reach in .25 if tuned nicely. Almost worth getting a variation except for the weight. Good power and accuracy without the limitations of pcp!

It's designed to run 20+ in .22. I don't see 26-27 being out of reach in .25 if tuned nicely. Almost worth getting a variation except for the weight. Good power and accuracy without the limitations of pcp!
    That does make sense

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Well I just weighed the 80 with an old fishing spring balance and it comes in at just over 11.5lb scoped.

See what your 95 comes in at, the one's I've tried felt very light.

blummin heck, how bigs yer scope! Mine (all be it with 10" barrel custom stock and steel silencer) is only a few ounces heavier than my 95 with std barrel cs500 stock and steel silencer, scopes are similer too

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Funny you should say that. I collected my SFS tuned 80 .25 on Saturday. Today I Have been putting F & TT's though it to great effect !
    Well recommended !

Brider.
    Last edited by Blackrider; 30-11-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Funny you should say that. I collected my SFS tuned 80 .25 on Saturday. Today I Have been putting F & TT's though it to great effect !
    Well recommended !

Brider.
    Nice one mate my next rifle will definitely be in .25 not sure what though but I would love an HW80. I also saw a HW90, Sharp Innova and Stealth in .25 and I know there are a few BSA models to be had.

Nice one mate my next rifle will definitely be in .25 not sure what though but I would love an HW80. I also saw a HW90, Sharp Innova and Stealth in .25 and I know there are a few BSA models to be had.
    I've got a twenty plus year old BSA Supersport in .25. Always the first gun I reach for!

Early HW80 a better built gun...the new stocks are cheap and thin.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

I've got a twenty plus year old BSA Supersport in .25. Always the first gun I reach for!
    BSA seem to do a lot of their models in .25 ive seen Spitfires and Lightnings in .25 too. I think my biggest mistake was when i got my Career 707 in .22 , nothing wrong with .22 of course, I just always wished I had waited until a .25 came up