Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weihrauch HW80 VS HW95 both good guns but which is best?

Quote Originally Posted by career707lover View Post
    Nice one mate my next rifle will definitely be in .25 not sure what though but I would love an HW80. I also saw a HW90, Sharp Innova and Stealth in .25 and I know there are a few BSA models to be had.
    There's even an Innova in .30 calibre. I know because I have one

Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    There's even an Innova in .30 calibre. I know because I have one
    What brand of pellets do you prefer to put through it Lionel?

a .30 Innova has to be capable of 26 ft lb easily

I have seen .22 at 18 ft lb

Oh and my recently acquired .25 HW90 is fast becoming a favourite. Ratting Spectacular
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Why would you have a 12ft lb 80, rather than a 95

Obviously the 80 is a classic and weighs more, excluding that I would guess the 95 is a better option as 95 has quicker lock time and is lighter... It also appears that some tunned 80s have sleeved cylinders effectively making them 95s internally. I'm new to the concept of tunning but reading other threads it suggests that's the case. Unless someone tells me otherwise

Regards oli

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    If I was going to get a 12fp break barrel I think I'd get a 99 and tune it and put it in a heavy custom stock with a high comb.

What do you want the gun for?
    Done the high comb thing on other rifles, frankly the less contact seems to work better for me, ie Orginal 45's and HW77 stocks. Very low combs and forgiving rifles to shoot in real life situations. Either HW will be a good bet

Both, I have each one and they are different. If you're a lightweight go for the lightweight!

Ps. Mine have been Vmached by Mr Pope. Superb bits of kit!

Well. I didn't fire it, but I held someone elses HW80 today, and compared with my HW95K, it's a _lot_ heavier. Looked very much the same, and had the same Rekord trigger. Lovely gun really. Think the barrel was about 4 inches longer on the 80.
    HW97K .177 w/ AGS Sapphire 3-9x40mm

my 80 with a v glide kit in .177 was so good i sold it.the best springer i have owned,smoothest to shoot and the most accurate.total weight was under 9.75lbs with a 3-12x44 mamba light.for me the 80 is the best springer out there with the same mods as i had done.my 95 that was also tuned was never as good and i could not shoot it as well.if you can "lift" the 80 and hold it i would go for it every time.only sold mine as i like the kick and now have an evo.just for information my lsr rifle is a s400k with a ginb stock and that outfit is heavier than my 80 so i do not regard the 80 as heavy.other good rifles are the 97,tx and prosport.all will do what you want at the end of the day,just go for the one you like the look of the best

I liked the weight and sturdiness of the HW80 I owned (.177), but i didn't like the lazy, slow, heavy feeling shot cycle (courtesy of the 30mm piston and weak spring (and the effect that recoil had on my ability to shoot accurately).

The HW98 i currently own shoots with a much quicker, snapier feeling recoil. Closer to a Theoben or v-mach kitted rifle. Thats why the 98 stayed and the 80 whent.

Iv'e not owned a 95, but it would be simple enough to add a bit of heft with a barrel weight or heavy silencer and heavy scope and single piece mount.
    AA Prosport.177, HW77.177, HW97K.177, HW98.177, Theoben Evolution.177, Theoben SLR98.177, AA S410.177, Alros Trailsman.22

This one is down purely to personal preference.
    They're both solidly built, quality springers with the same superb trigger.
    I'd base this one on handling alone.
    Even though a standard 80 can feel lazy and slow, they're still accurate in that guise. But can be made better (as in sweeter/less recoil and smoother). A sleeved down one would be the way to go....very, very smooth, or short stroked if you like.
    The 95, even though it is lighter, doesn't thrash about like some lighter springers, due to its stock design and feeling of more "straight line" recoil.
    If you wanted to add more weight to the 95, that's simples....just add a 98 stock to it, adding weight to absorb more of the recoil and also assisting in keeping it steady on aim.

They're both brilliant rifles, even if kept in standard form and I'm sure you'll be happy with either of these fine guns.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

95/80

In my humble opinion

Putting aside weight issues

Out of the box the 95 is better

Sub 12 - 95 and vmach/SFS kit makes a brilliant gun, to get the same level of brilliance in the 80 you need a v glide tune especially in the livelier 177.

Zaksgod - mate that 80 is a brilliant gun

cheers,glad you like the 80
    Zaksgod - mate that 80 is a brilliant gun