Thread: where can i find a good place to make a one off leather sling ?

where can i find a good place to make a one off leather sling ?

Well folks I am after a nice leather sling for my daystate mk1 huntsman ftr, but i can not really see one anywhere i like for the custom one off stock !.

i am using my ladys old s400 sling at the mo but i dont like it & it does not feel right on this stock =
    http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...g/380ea991.jpg

My idea of this sling would be to have it wide maybe 2" near my shoulder & then slim down to fit the swivels I have as i have the barrel facing down, & i would like 2 belt buckle straps both on ends of the sling as I love that style & a non slip underneath side too on the sling plus i would like the name 'marmite' & daystate too as some folks like the stock but a couple of folks do not how dare they not like marmite .

however i have checked a few places online & i have asked a few places who make one offs but they can not do the belt buckles i want anymore , and also i have thought about going to a cobbler or a place who makes up horse saddles etc just in case they can make me one.

So can any one help or name a few places for me too try ASAP….

Thanks

Kenny

If you go to Netherton (near Dudley) there's a western (cowboy) shop there and he'll make anything in leather, not cheap though. I notice you list Bromsgrove a a residence so only down the road.

You could have ago at making one lots of tutorials online try bushcraft living loads of guys doing leather work on there im sure one of them could knock a sling up
    I AM NOT A NUMBER ! THE PRISONER

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133002

have a look on ukbushcraft friendly bunch with a varied amount of makers including leather workers.
    ade

Have you tried a cobblers? Or a saddle makers? my local cobbler makes leather gun slips for western fanatics so a leather sling should be no problem
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    If you go to Netherton (near Dudley) there's a western (cowboy) shop there and he'll make anything in leather, not cheap though. I notice you list Bromsgrove a a residence so only down the road.
    cheers mate i will have to nip in there asap thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye dick View Post
    You could have ago at making one lots of tutorials online try bushcraft living loads of guys doing leather work on there im sure one of them could knock a sling up
    i never thought of that mate, so i will google it now........

Quote Originally Posted by adestu View Post
    have a look on ukbushcraft friendly bunch with a varied amount of makers including leather workers.
    ade
    thanks i will go check it out now......

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    Have you tried a cobblers? Or a saddle makers? my local cobbler makes leather gun slips for western fanatics so a leather sling should be no problem
    i am off a cobbler place on tue afternoon to ask, & i will have to look for a saddle maker near me so thanks for the help.

Mate i have a tan leather sling with buckles your more than welcome to it for the grand total of what ever the postage costs.

Foggy

Seen a load of things made by this company ( they make items for a number of well known shooting companies too )

Stencraft Leather Ltd.
    Unit 10 , Apex Business Park
    Norton Canes
    Cannock
    Staffordshire
    WS11 3PU
    01543 278555

Might not be the cheapest but if you want something unique it might be worth paying the extra, plus Christmas is coming and all that...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Have a look at this site, under Dog Training Equipment. They will make one-off items and they do excellent work. My tracking harnesses and training leads are over 25 years old and have been out in all weathers. They make proper high quality working equipment.

Rutty

This place is good for custom pieces:-

http://bearsleatheremporium.co.uk/page_1406886.html
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

many thanks folks....

i have also find this place...... =

WOW

They might be dear but how nice do they look ?, & i might get the wolf one for my other daystate the mct air wolf.

i am not made of money & they are dear but they will last years & they look great, but i am still looking about & at the above links.

thanks all

kenny

that place sounds nice & he the bloke Gene Weishuhn as done a great sling for you mate, cheers

kenny