Thread: baiting rats

timdiscus Guest

baiting rats

I put a thread on about four years ago about baiting rats with two bricks and pilchards has any one tried it ive been doing it for years and always get good results

tim

The bricks are still there

Have a look in here:-
    http://www.ratkill.com/cgi-bin/mb/ikonboard.cgi

The home for all ratters.

Ray

mr fixit Guest
    last time i looked jewson's had put up fence and an office around them

timdiscus Guest
    Right then, Now a lot of people on here before said it didnt work. But i have been doing it for years with good results. You put a brick on the ground where you now the rats are hollow side up! put a pilchard in the hollow put another brick on top hollow side down and leave for a couple of days, day in the summer set up close by and wait! The rats cannot get to the pilchards but its enough to stop them for several seconds and lets face it thats enough!! It works well in barns etc. anywhere foxes cannot get to it the longer you leave it the better it is.

thats it

works for me

good luck

tim

mr fixit Guest
    yes tim i've heard of this trick before but only problems i can forsee are ,must be set up against a wall etc,and rats cant get a taste(if you let the first one have a taste and go back home with a sample all the family follow him back to the takeaway,i kid you not,they're like bees they follow the scout back to the honey,) iv'e found the best method( for me anyway)is rabbit carcase(road kills are great for this),tie a piece of string to back leg then to something heavy retire to cover and wait,this has worked for me for the past 9 years much to the dismay of local rat population,give it a try, terry

timdiscus Guest
    hi terry yes that is a good method and i use it also i forgot to mention on the last post i poor the sauce from the tin over the top brick gives them a taste when you are not there and they keep coming back

I've heard that shouting "Your mother was a mouse" works well too.

Sorry,

Steve
    There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mr fixit
    yes tim i've heard of this trick before but only problems i can forsee are ,must be set up against a wall etc,and rats cant get a taste(if you let the first one have a taste and go back home with a sample all the family follow him back to the takeaway,i kid you not,they're like bees they follow the scout back to the honey,) iv'e found the best method( for me anyway)is rabbit carcase(road kills are great for this),tie a piece of string to back leg then to something heavy retire to cover and wait,this has worked for me for the past 9 years much to the dismay of local rat population,give it a try, terry
    Also try a left over chicken carcase in the same way, they love it

Alan.