Thread: Webley Alecto ....what do we think.

Webley Alecto ....what do we think.

Having never really used air pistols i was asked to try this Webley Alecto .177 and see what i thought. Very light and easy to use and from what i have done with it so far it seems quite accurat. I think it would be ok if you were into tin can plinking but i would draw the line at that.

Question : have any of you tried one and what did you think.

I have been offered this pistol in brand new condition, fired about 50 shots, for £130 but im not convinced i would use it for anything other than paper punching, but the dilema is it looks fab and has loads of power for target shooting.

What would you do!

Richard.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    See here........http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-type-of-thing.

Then buy the bugger!

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

It is disinged for paper punching, and it does it with ease! A member of the club got a new one for £170 and first time out of the box he shot a 5shot single hole group at 10m
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

If you were thinking of buying something for hunting with, then why look at a pistol in the first Place ? NO Pistol is any good for that Situation other than Close Quarters Despatch of a wounded Animal.
    I have a .22 Flavoured Alecto with Extended Barrel, Silenced and Tuned to 5.85ftlb and let me say, WOW ! Never have i owned a Pistol that is as accurate as this one
    and wouldn't think about Parting with it even if i were offered over the Odds for it.

I didnt say i wanted it for hunting but i do agree with you that it would be ok for Close Dispatch of a wounded animal....of which i have never had. Thats not to say i am a crack shot but as always i never take a shot unless a clear head shot is achivable. I have been hunting for many years and the key to any good hunt is practice....on paper targets...before you even attempt to shoot animals.
    I actually have 15 guns that shoot land on which i have permission and i manage them all as well as the 2000 acres of prime farm land, keeping rabbit and pigeon numbers down.

I just shot the pistol as a experiment really, just to see if it was as good as the reviews made out and i can say, for what it is, it is very accurate and light and those qualitys lend themselves to target shooting. I may buy it and add it to the growing collection of rifles i have, just as something to use other than a rifle.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Richard.

Alecto what do we think

I love mine. I have the ultra in 177. It is accurate and reliable. I have about 2500 shots through it and I am beginning to get some really good groups out to 30 yards. I have a canal behind my house in Florida which has oranges or grapefruit floating by regularly. I have made a lot of fruit juice. I shoot diabolo basic 7 grain
    wad cutters only. They are really inexpensive, but they work well in this gun.
    dwk54rak North Port Florida USA

Buy it you won't be dissapointed. I paid considerably more (nearly double) than £130 for a L/H .177 Alecto and don't regret it, it's great for target shooting up to 10m - OK you won't win any competitions against the Steyr/Morini crowd - but you'll have just as much fun.

Thanks all

Thanks for all your comments....i think i will have it as i have played with it the past few days and i must say im very impressed indeed. Pellet on pellet at 20 yards now im used to it.
    I will do a post on here with the pictures later this week.

All the best everyone.

Richard

Alecto

well sorted Richard,you will really grow to love this wee pistol as it is a real fun buy,willie

been looking at buying one of thes, but toldhw40 was better for plinking in the garden or the beeman hw40
    cost £80 are they accurate upto 30 yds any of then only to shoot tin cans