Thread: BSA Scorpion------ removing marks,

BSA Scorpion------ removing marks,

Hi can anyone tell me if it is possible to remove the fine scratches and other marks from the plastic grip of a BSA Scorpion pistol, Many Thanks Sproat:

I don't think it will be possible to remove large scratches, but if you used a very fine polishing paste (autosol) and a little elbow grease then you may find that with sufficient patience, you might be able to improve the really fine ones - do not be tempted to try any mechanical means of buffing as down that road only danger lies.

The question you need to ask yourself before embarking on this voyage is - can I live with the minor imperfections and embrace them as character?

You may save yourself a lot of time, effort and heartache depending on your answer

scorpion ---removing marks

Thanks for the advice may give it a try on the underside sproat

Hi sproat,
    I refinished my Scorpion air pistol's black plastic stock with 600 grade wet'n'dry ( from car accessory shops or Wilkinsons ) used with soapy water and got most deep scratches out. After that go to Solvol Autosol with a cloth and keep at it, gradually the plastic will polish up to a smooth glossy finish, but it will need some effort . Some plastics don't restore well but yours will. Minuteman gives good advice not to use any power tools or buffing wheels, you'll warm the plastic up and risk making things worse.

torrens

Scorpion stock

Either FINE wire wool or a suitable grade of Scotchbrite and T Cut till most scratches are gone, then buff with same and soft cotton cloth voila! lik a da new.

H