Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airgun club in kent

bjr Guest

Question airgun club in kent

anyone know of any clubs/ shooting range in north kent?
    looking for somewhere to do some indoor shooting and can't find anywhere thats close enough to be practical

bjr Guest
    come on!

I have emailed the one in swanley
    there must be another one

Kent Woodsmen near ashford, ETL just the other side of the dartford tunnel.

A location in kent would help narrow down the area a bit
    infensus procul vox locus procul nefas vicis
    I aimed at the right place at the wrong time.

Airgun Clubs

There is indoor shooting at the Blacklion Leisure Centre, Gillingham, but only up to 25 yards.

Dover and Deal District Air Gun Club, paper and knockdowns sitting in shooting huts in a wood. DOVERDEALAGC@aol.com

HTH

Regards

Ben

Thumbs up Swanley club (South East Air Weapons)

Quote Originally Posted by bjr
    anyone know of any clubs/ shooting range in north kent?
    looking for somewhere to do some indoor shooting and can't find anywhere thats close enough to be practical

Morning chap, come along to the Swanley club, we're all nice blokes (well as far as I know) I've been a member since Jan this year, it's the best fun you can have with your clothes on mate! It's all out doors, cold unless your huddled round the fire with the boys, but the best fun you'll have on a Sunday.

Your first two trips are free, so come down and see if it's worth it mate. It's hard to find so if you need directions check your PM I'll send you my number.

bjr Guest
    bit late for me to come today but I am up for going next week

bjr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by andyiow
    Kent Woodsmen near ashford, ETL just the other side of the dartford tunnel.

A location in kent would help narrow down the area a bit
    I am in between sittingbourne and the Medway towns but I am will to travel a bit

Scarecrow Guest
    I'm near Sittingbourne, and shoot at Kent Woodsmen. Takes about 45 minutes to get there from Sittingbourne. No indoor shooting there, and they are predominantly Field Target, though do have a plinking range. FT course can be shot as HFT if you are into that.

ETL just the other side of the Dartford tunnel is very similar, but have slightly better facilities (container with electricity used as club house where hot drinks can be had)

As others have said, there is a club on the outskirts of Dover which is really glorified plinking from small wooden huts. I've heard about the shooting at the Black Lion in Gillingham/Chatham, but have no idea what format it takes or who you would need to contact.

HTH

[QUOTE=master_shriller]There is indoor shooting at the Blacklion Leisure Centre, Gillingham, but only up to 25 yards.

]

is there!!!!!!!!
    i never knew that and i only live 6 or 7miles away!!there was arumor about 1 at buckmore park but have never checked my self,maybe worth atry.mite have a look at a club myself just in case im missing out just useing the garden.

scotty
    "stuff" is just"stuff" but happieness is hard to find!

Buckmore park closed ages ago. Never knew there was shooting there.

Not heard of shooting at the lion.

Kent woodsman is the best club Ive been to down here. Swanley is OK for plinking if you like shooting the same 5 targets all day And its a big no no in the summer!! Never have I seen so many mossies in one place! Over 150 bites in one morning

Black Lion

Apparently they also shoot 25m rimfire at the Black Lion too.

There was a nice indoor air rifle range at Buckmore Park used mainly by the Cubs/Scouts.

Regards

Ben

bjr Guest
    never heard of the one at the black lion, might have to look more into it
    I have also heard there used to be one at Buckmore but haven't heard of any shooting there for ages, think I will have to try both the dover and ashford ones and see what they are like, will probably only go for a bit of gun setting up and practice anyway as i am not interested in FT
    was hoping there was a decent club in kent with full indoor facilities e.t.c but it looks like there isn't one

Ben

Dover and Deal is my fav, no standing/sitting in the rain (or snow) lanes out to 100yds, and monthly comps (which are a laugh!)

No commitees spouting unneccessary rules either, just safety naturally

And most important friendly members that dont care if you have a Meteor or EV2

Baz

bjr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baz
    Dover and Deal is my fav, no standing/sitting in the rain (or snow) lanes out to 100yds, and monthly comps (which are a laugh!)

No commitees spouting unneccessary rules either, just safety naturally

And most important friendly members that dont care if you have a Meteor or EV2

Baz
    have they got a web site mate?
    done a search but didn't come up with anything

No website that I know of, just turn up on a Thursday or Sunday, its even quite cosy in the winter, plenty of tin chickens to shoot if thats your thing, or paper targets, or plinking, all sorts of shooters from hunters to HFT

Tea and coffee available if Rob (he runs it) is there, even a fire when its really cold

Baz