Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: airgun club in kent

snapper 01 Guest

Thumbs up

Dover And Deal Is What You Are Looking For A Good Bunch Of Lads .very Helpfull And What They Dont Know About Air Rifles And Air Rifle Shooting Is Not Worth Knowing. Shoot Days Thursdays And Sundays From About 08.00 Onwards .
    You May Get A Coffee If Rob Can Get Out Of Bed.

Scarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper 01
    Dover And Deal Is What You Are Looking For A Good Bunch Of Lads .very Helpfull And What They Dont Know About Air Rifles And Air Rifle Shooting Is Not Worth Knowing. Shoot Days Thursdays And Sundays From About 08.00 Onwards .
    You May Get A Coffee If Rob Can Get Out Of Bed.
    They don't know much about FT shooting. Had no idea what a 'shotgun' start was when I suggested it at one of their freindly in-club comps. Would agree that they are a friendly bunch though, and will make you more than welcome.

The only reason I don't get down there much these days is that I have a relatively low boredom threshold for plinking, which is what they mostly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    They don't know much about FT shooting. Had no idea what a 'shotgun' start was when I suggested it at one of their freindly in-club comps. Would agree that they are a friendly bunch though, and will make you more than welcome.

The only reason I don't get down there much these days is that I have a relatively low boredom threshold for plinking, which is what they mostly do.
    We dont know ANYTHING about FT mate, because we aint a FT club

You should have tried some of the long range airgun plinking though, 100yd 12g carts are quite "challenging" using 12ftlb

Baz

The real definition of DDAGC is friendly atmosphere with quite a knowledgeable assortment of members is what its all about as snapper says

Never been to a friendlier club, outdoors and comfortable is the name of the game as far as we are concerned

No "bum in the mud" here

Baz

Scarecrow Guest
    I entirely agree with you Baz.

I was only replying to a previous poster who said that what the lads at Dover didn't know about airgunning wasn't worth knowing. I just wanted to put the record straight that they didn't know anything about FT. Would hate for someone to turn up to learn about FT to be disappointed.

No slight meant on the club, as I hopefully qualified by stating that they are a great bunch of lads and very welcoming.

Lee G Guest
    If anyone turned up at either club, would people know about hft?

The swanley club had a regular who traveled the country shooting the comps, even got his ugly mug in the mags so ner

Quote Originally Posted by Lee G
    If anyone turned up at either club, would people know about hft?

Yup

Baz

Ok ! if you would like to practice any type of air gun shooting then the Swanley club may be just for you. There are no FT or HFT dedicated shooters to take the p*** out of you only normal friendly people who will let you do your thing (as long as you are safe).

benjrichardson Guest
    good stuff!
    what sort of range do you shoot at swanley?

Lee G Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy lubnut
    Ok ! if you would like to practice any type of air gun shooting then the Swanley club may be just for you. There are no FT or HFT dedicated shooters to take the p*** out of you only normal friendly people who will let you do your thing (as long as you are safe).
    And you class your self as normal?

Swanley has several ranges

Plinking range
    Pistol range
    Zeroing range
    and knockdown range

Located in the center of a wood on the outskirts of swanley.
    No onsite facilites, use a bush and bring a flask to replensh liquid

They are a good group of shooters there. Very laid back in attitude.

Lee

Thumbs up

Dover & Deal club is better for me as it fits in better with shift work, not everyone has the weekends off. also great bunch of blokes

benjrichardson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo 1
    Dover & Deal club is better for me as it fits in better with shift work, not everyone has the weekends off. also great bunch of blokes
    thought you just lent out the window in chatham

I would do but that’s a bit risky now days.

Hey Lee how's your back doing?
    We are all missing you (much like your shooting ), if you are going to pop in I'll get my dad to install a Stenna stair lift to move you around the site. Not that it will improve your shooting, no amount of mechanical inhancement could help that