Thread: Need help with Feinwerkbau 65 service

Need help with Feinwerkbau 65 service

Hi all, I'm new here. I introduced myself yesterday and explained my problem but evidently nobody read my post or didn't have the answer. I will ask again here. I have a Feinwerkbau 65 that I purchased used back in the 70's and I used it extensively in competition. Unfortunately, I stored it in a briefcase with a foam pad liner. I didn't look at it for quite some time and when I finally did, it had corroded on all of the exterior surfaces. I want to have the pistol completely reconditioned. There used to be a Crosman service center here in Huntington Beach, Ca. but it is now gone. Does anybody know where the closest Feinwerbau service facility is located?

Thanks for your help,

Ray

Hi Ray

Troble is this is a 90-95% forum. I'd know where to suggest in London but that's not much use to you .

Hope you get it fixed fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Hi Ray

Troble is this is a 90-95% forum. I'd know where to suggest in London but that's not much use to you .

Hope you get it fixed fella.
    Well hell, no wonder you guys talk funny. Ha!!! Sorry, I didn't realize that it was a British forum. Too bad, I was just getting to feel comfortable. Oh well, maybe someone from over here will chime in and give me an answer. Thanks for the heads up.

Ray

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Ray
    The 65 is a bit long in the tooth but I think it does have a following in the States. Try asking on the TargetTalk forum on www.pilguns.com It's run by a company called Pilkington, don't know where in the US they are but I think they do refurb work as well.
    Good luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Ray
    The 65 is a bit long in the tooth but I think it does have a following in the States. Try asking on the TargetTalk forum on www.pilguns.com It's run by a company called Pilkington, don't know where in the US they are but I think they do refurb work as well.
    Good luck
    Robin
    Thanks RobinC for your kind reply. I have found the factory authorized repair and service facility here in the U.S. It is located in Tennessee. I will be sending my pistol off for the complete service that it deserves. Thanks again to all who have tried to help me. I was not aware at first that this forum is primarily for Brits. I do enjoy reading here though because of the use of words that we don't hear over here. It's fun.

Ray

Pavement,lift, petrol ,car boot and bonnet. tyre ,colour.
    Have a few on me Toolguy.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

cement, elevator, gas, trunk and hood. Tire, color and whatever. Back at ya, Ha!!!

Ray

Ray, there is a Yahoo group for the FWB 65 HERE

It's an international group but a majority of the members are US or Canadian, lots of useful info in some of the threads.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Ray, there is a Yahoo group for the FWB 65 HERE

It's an international group but a majority of the members are US or Canadian, lots of useful info in some of the threads.

Thanks for the link. It looks interesting. I will follow along with it.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Can't believe you missed pants. Gets me every time...

And rubbers.
    Always causes a laugh in an American stationery shop.

Back on topic The 65 is well worth sorting Toolguy.
    I have an old one bought off here which is really good.
    Plenty of help on here if you need it and service parts are available in UK.

Watch out for splinters when you " lay " the table or you get wood in your wood