Thread: Re Parts for 1911 pistols

Re Parts for 1911 pistols

I think that this place may have been mentioned before but I just came across it while looking for something and although the parts are meant for the .22 rf gun and not exactly cheep I just wondered if the parts would be compatible with an airsoft type gun not to make it shoot rf amo just to add a bit of quality to it.

http://www.valmontfirearms.co.uk/LBPistols.html

Couple of things. I am not sure that you can buy real steel firearm parts without a F.A.C. ,then even if you could they may not fit without some work as aisoft guns are not EXACT copies of the real item.
    You would be better off buying upgraded parts from an official airsoft supplier , specificlly to fit your make and model of airsoft pistol.
    Pete.

Some parts might fit but standard grips have to be modified for PRO TSC 1911 to allow for arm brace fitted they sell, I know as I have one.

I also have HW45 and got grips for this from Midway

I was not thinking of getting anything myself I got some wood grips for my 1911 airsoft gun from about six months ago cost £17 at the time I was more curious to see if anyone had tried putting these parts on there guns to see if they would fit the only parts that I am interested in are ones to work better I have been thinking about getting a tight fit barrel for my Tm 1911 it already has the aluminium frame and slide and uprated springs.

As it is a T.M. pistol there are a zillion upgrades from airsoft sites. I reccommend Mike Cripps at ELITE SHOOTING CENTRE ,Burnley. He is a gentleman and a practical pistol shooter of the highest order.
    Pete.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I wouldn't think there'd be any legal problem about buying the parts (can't you buy magazines without a FAC?): but yes, fitting cartridge gun parts to air or airsoft guns or vice versa is likely not to work.

Grips, sights, yes: but internal parts, probably no.

Still, the price for parts should be low enough to make giving it a try worth it.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone