Thread: Walther LP2 rear sight

Walther LP2 rear sight

Everyone,
    I recently inherited a very nice Walther LP2. Shoots great! JG Airguns rebuilt it and replaced all the seals. I thought about doing something more formal with this gun, like target shooting. So I got my 10m targets and tried to zero it in. Left/Right was adjusted, but I couldn't adjust up/down. I took the sight apart and noticed some badly deteriorated rubber foam. I scrapped this off and noticed a drilled hole above and below. My guess is there was a spring in this hole and someone many years ago lost it. They then substituted this foam stuff. So I have two questions, Is my theory of a spring correct? Does anyone have an idea where I can buy one? I can always have one made, but I would need to know the spring dimensions to do so. Any assistance would be appreciated. Currently a toothpick is my new high tech spring.
    Regards,
    Jim Beier

This is for the LP3. Yes, the sights are normally different, but maybe not.

http://www.carlwalther.com/views/ev_lp3_1.htm

Detail on the sights: http://www.carlwalther.com/views/ev_lp3_3.htm
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

The drawing does show a spring! It is listed as part 321. I measured the hole dimensions and calculated the length. I contacted a spring firm for a "sample". I'm hoping it's fairly close. Now that I have the Walther part number (216 36 59), I'd be curious if I can find a genuine Walther version. I'll check the gentlemen's shop as suggested. I thank you all for your assistance!
    Best Regards,
    Jim Beier

Fixed!

I got a few samples today from a spring manufacturer. The elevation spring I ended up with has an overall length of 9.3mm and an outer diameter of 3.5mm and a compressed length of 4.2 mm. It's got about the right spring constant. It might not be factroy but it seems to do the job nicely. I have 2 others, if anyone needs one.
    Regards,
    Jim Beier