Thread: plinking targets

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!

plinking targets

I have bought too many stainless steel food/water bowls for my petshop, and have found to my delight, they go 'd-i-i-i-n-n-g-g-g!' when shot with a bb gun. what would be the best way to arrange them around my garden, taking into account safety and background.
    I thought of just hammering a screw driver through, then using that hole to tie bowl to a stick, but it doesn't seem very sophisticated.
    HERE BOWL, HERE
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    If they have a nice ring to them, then you could always take up bell target shooting

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

stretch a thick cloth (old denim jeans would be good) over the mouth of the bowl and have an inch round hole in the middle of the cloth. stand the bowl up so the cloth covered mouth is facing you. aim for the hole, if you get it you will get a "tinggg" if you dont it will hit the cloth giving you a dull thud. screwing the bowl to the end of a stick and leaving it a bit wobbly will help keep the bbs from bouncing around everywhere
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

I bought an old hand held school bell at a junk shop years back, extended the clanger thingy beyond the neck of the bell and that's a great fun target - hit it and you get a flashback to being in infants class again waiting for the signal that it was playtime.
    Matou: The Braughing Banger