Thread: Walther CP99 Sport CO2 Air Pistol

Walther CP99 Sport CO2 Air Pistol

Hi all,
    I am currently looking at buying the Walther CP99 CO2 .177 replica airgun, second-hand for a cheap price of £100 for: 40 unused co2 cartridges, 1000 pellets, a storm carry-case and of course, the gun and clip itself. I was jut wondering whether anyone could give me any genuine information about this gun (e.g. fps etc). Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S: This is my first thread on this website!

Jack

Hi Jack,
    All the Umarex co2 pistols are good quality items. Re. the cp99, if you want this for casual shooting at `plinking` targets then it is a lot of fun. It is not the most accurate of the Umarex pistols owing to its short barrel and so-so trigger pull, as the cp99 `sport` has a double action trigger only, but for shooting tin cans etc. it is fine. Power wise they run at around 330-350 fps in warm conditions.
    If you want to shoot competitively at targets such as I.P.A.S. or the like then I would recommend a different pistol. i.e. the Colt 1911, Beretta 92, or Walther cp 88, or if revolvers are your thing the S&W .
    Hope this helps.
    Pete.

Thanks

Thanks a lot Pete. I will take this into consideration.

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Yus, trigger on the Sport is a long heavy pull. After trying one and liking the price, the salesman produced the regular CP99, with which you can cock the 'internal hammer'. This allowed a much easier and therefore accurate shot, and I upgraded there and then.
    Having said that, sounds like you have a good price (if the pistol is fairly new and in good nick), and you'll have lots of fun.
    Toilet trained since March