Thread: Pellet trajectory

Pellet trajectory

I apologize if this is a newbie question. I inherited this Walther LP2. When I got the gun, I cleaned it up thoroughly and re-centered the rear sight. I noticed the rear sight was shifted a fair amount to the left. As I was sighting the gun in, I noticed that it was shooting to the right. When I was done and looked at how the sights were aligned with the top of the barrel, I noticed the rear sight is off centered a bit to the left, enough to where it's obvious. I've read that the pellet drifts in the direction of the rifling, which is to the right. But is it that much? I'm only shooting at 10m. I did take notice of the wind direction. Just curious.
    Regards,
    Jim

the rifling will be clockwise, the top of the pellet may be running to the right but the underneath is running left and the sides up and down so all directions are equal so rifling won't influence direction. if the rear sight is positioned off centre then it will need to be set to compensate this. but don't worry, that's exactly what adjustable sights are for. to counteract any discrepancy the whole gun has
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted