Thread: After-market open sight for benjamin/sheridan pistols?

After-market open sight for benjamin/sheridan pistols?

Hi folk. Has anyone ever seen a better open sight which might fit instead of the bent-steel affair fitted as standard to the Sheridan pump and CO2 pistols? My beef is the rather cludgey way you adjust them for windage- a proper indexed adjustable elevation and windage adjustment would be sooo much nicer.

Rich.

With the EB CO2 models I have found that there is not enough adjustment available anyway - probably the most disappointing thing about them.

... exactly- they're very crude. I'd have thought there were a market for Williams or Mendoza etc to come up with a compact rear notch with screwdriver adjustable indexing.

Cool Peep sight

I have a sheridan rifle, fitted with a williams peep sight fitted, allows good accuracy. Try the american web pages or the Nra web link

Thanks- the Williams peep sights are cracking kit for rifles- and a peep sight works well when you have your eye close to the sight. The problem with the pistols is that there is no mounting rail (just a milled flat and screw hole on the receiver), and the rearsight would need to be pretty low profile to marry with the front blade height.

Try LPA MIM Rear Sight from gmac http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...7050344&Page=2
    or give them a ring might help

Quote Originally Posted by norca View Post
    Try LPA MIM Rear Sight from gmac http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...7050344&Page=2
    or give them a ring might help
    Thanks for that, will take a look. Also going to scour standard fit rearsights for other pistols to see if there are any which might fit or capable of modification.