Thread: bell target rifle whats best buy

bell target rifle whats best buy

im thinking of having a go at bell taRget i need a good cheap gun to start whith any info please ....

Nip along to wherever will be your local club and see what everyone is using.

There are so many variations in what is deemed acceptable that you run the risk of buying an unsuitable rifle.

Some allow PCPs others spring driven only,open sights only, diopters or not, etc.

Read the first few posts in this thread, it will give some idea as to the above. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    im thinking of having a go at bell taRget i need a good cheap gun to start whith any info please ....
    Hi there.A fwb 300s would be a great starter and keeper for bell target,still well capable of getting to the very top of this great sport.They can be bought in a slightly tatty but mechanically good state from about £150 up to roughly £250 for a very tidy one...

itsaheadshot Guest
    Agree with post above if that's out price range a qb78 or 79 with diopters will do the job.

whats a qb 79 78 ???

QB78/9 are CO2 powered rifles imported by SMK. Here.

Whilst the FWB 300 is an excellent rifle, I refer you to my post above. If your local club shoots with only open sights, and not diopters, then it will be of little use. Similarly, non recoilling or CO2 rifles may not be permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    QB78/9 are CO2 powered rifles imported by SMK. Here.

Whilst the FWB 300 is an excellent rifle, I refer you to my post above. If your local club shoots with only open sights, and not diopters, then it will be of little use. Similarly, non recoilling or CO2 rifles may not be permitted.
    Use all of the above at our Bell Club find the SMK leak badly and need to be resealed ASAP even when new. They work fine but the odd shot does go a miss at times.
    Also there are no rails on the front and you need to fabricate something for the front sight.