Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Smith & Wesson Wood Grips

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick

Umarex Smith & Wesson Wood Grips

Umarex Smith & Wesson Wood Grips

Aren't available so I decided to remedy the situation, this is my first rough attempt in bare maple -

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q...rrent=grip.jpg

I'll be making wood grips in Standard, Classic and Full Custom styles in the new year

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thumbs up Wood Grips

Looks great Nick, should prove to be very popular...mike...

Would it be easier if I just set up a Direct Debit with M9D?

Looking forward to seeing them Nick.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Very nice Nick I think Im going to be one of your customers
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    This one requires a lot of my time to make fixtures & patterns before I can start production and earning a crust keeps getting in the way!

Here's the latest update, I've completed the workholding fixtures for inletting blanks and holding the blanks and patterns for applying the external shape.
    This is a set of inletted blanks with a rough external profile on them to make them look a little less like blocks of wood & a bit like grips

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/PICT1050.jpg

The inletting is good and the grips stay firmly in place just holding the gun, even with no clips or screws, now I only need to make a pair of finished exterior profile guides before I can make grips'

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

586 grips

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    This one requires a lot of my time to make fixtures & patterns before I can start production and earning a crust keeps getting in the way!

Here's the latest update, I've completed the workholding fixtures for inletting blanks and holding the blanks and patterns for applying the external shape.
    This is a set of inletted blanks with a rough external profile on them to make them look a little less like blocks of wood & a bit like grips

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/PICT1050.jpg

The inletting is good and the grips stay firmly in place just holding the gun, even with no clips or screws, now I only need to make a pair of finished exterior profile guides before I can make grips'

- Nick
    I found an old post where you said you were going to make some wooden grips for the 586. Did this work out and are you making any for sale?
    Regards
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    I found an old post where you said you were going to make some wooden grips for the 586. Did this work out and are you making any for sale?
    Regards
    Alan
    Nick was last on here 4 years ago- he doesn't post much on any shooting forum I'm on. You could try his contact details on his own site "magic 9 designs", though I don't know if he still does business

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex
    Regards
    Alan
    Thank tou for the info. I know I tried to do business with him some years ago and getting hold of him was like hunting for rocking horse do dah. I may have to make my own. Just not enough time

Thank tou for the info. I know I tried to do business with him some years ago and getting hold of him was like hunting for rocking horse do dah. I may have to make my own. Just not enough time
    Yup Not easy. I think he went through a bad patch with family a couple of years back and that may have impacted. He always was a genuinely nice guy though...

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Yup Not easy. I think he went through a bad patch with family a couple of years back and that may have impacted. He always was a genuinely nice guy though...
    I was unlucky enough to have sent him some parts to modify before he dropped off the radar and stopped responding to PMs, emails or phone messages. I'm not the only one either.
    Him and another 'gunsmith' are the reason I do all my own work now, I'll never send anything away again.
    Good deals with these members

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    He came across as a bit up himself when he was on here TBH and then attracted a lot negativity about not communicating with customers... not really very many excuses for that in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    He came across as a bit up himself when he was on here TBH and then attracted a lot negativity about not communicating with customers... not really very many excuses for that in my book.
    5 years after he ripped off a whole bunch of people and some are still singing his praises and trying to send him custom, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post
    Hi Nick,
    Welcome back, long time no see. Hope all is well now and you are back in your shed making shiny things.

Would you consider making some walnut grips fro crosman 600s? I'd be interested in a few sets.
    This thread is eight years old.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    This thread is eight years old.

Dammit. My Tardis has thrown a wobbly. Didn't clock the date.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

It's ok I wasn't busy!