Thread: SA177 or Beretta Px4 Storm?

SA177 or Beretta Px4 Storm?

I was just wondering if I could have any help as I am EXTREMELY stuck on whether to get the Glock 17 replica (SA177) or the Beretta Px4 replica air pistols. They are both good guns and I think I prefer the SA177 but i'm still indecisive.
    If anyone could help me decide it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jack.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The reviews say the SA177 is double action, the hammer not being cocked by the blowback, I really can't see any point in having blowback if it effectively does nothing!
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

The PX4 will do pellets as well as BB, whereas the SA177 is BB only. That might have some bearing on your decision. On the other hand, if its a BB you want, the Tanfoglio Witness is highly spoken of, and has proper blowback.

Yes Yes, without doubt, out of the 2 go for a Tanfoglio Witness!!!! Even if you want something that shoot pellets the Witness will put a bigger smile on your face and will probably be much cheaper!

People seem to have mixed feelings about the PX4 and SA177? well it sort of looks like a Glock in the way that Nonguns sort of look right in films. But the Witness is, at the moment, pretty much CO2 gun perfection.

Being a contrary sort, I personally favour the Umarex Desert Eagle as a blowback, but I'm in a minority there. As blooregard says, the Witness is highly regarded and popular, as well as having a fair batch of practical and blingy mods you can do it up with.

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Stoooooooorm!
    If you don't want the Witness
    Toilet trained since March

Quote Originally Posted by Rayee View Post
    Stoooooooorm!
    If you don't want the Witness
    Out of the two in the OP, I would wholeheartedly agree. They are undeniably fun, especially on that "eject the mag, reverse and reload" move.

Thanks all!

Hi all. Thanks a bunch for all your comments. Whilst doing some research yesterday, I saw that the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 was in stock in a local shop. I didn't even consider that one as there were LOADS of guns in stock. After seing the reviews on it, I think my decision has been made. Out of the SA177 and the Px4 Storm, I am going for.....the Tanfoglio Witness! I will go and pick it up from the local shop later today.
    Thanks again!
    Jack
    Last edited by Lappo; 20-12-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Wrong Spelling

Enjoy! Just remember to cock the gun (by racking the slide back) before putting the loaded magazine in. I believe some people have had problems by not doing so.