Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911

Tanfoglio Witness 1911

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could give me any critical information I need to know about the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 as I am going to pick it up from the local shop tommorow.
    Thanks in advance!
    Jack

Good bit of fun well made for under £100 good blow back action
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    spare mags are the only problem , just cant get em in the uk yet
    Getting Old

A jolly good all metal fun plinker for the money

Lots of scope for customising - Ive fitted wood grips and a custom thumb guard / mag release to mine
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n/DSC06782.jpg
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n/DSC06785.jpg
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n/DSC06783.jpg

Word is that spare mags will be available in the UK soon

The only thing to be aware of is that it wont cycle Gamo Lead BBs but everything else is fine (The witness is not alone here).

Apart from that get plenty of gas, plenty of ammo and plenty of things to shoot at.

The Gamo lead BB's get stuck in the barrel. If you want to use lead BB's then H&N 4.4's work fine - OK if you are worried about rebounds - Ive shot many through mine without a problem

I tend to use SMK steel BB's in mine these days

great pistol ive put wood grips on mine and polished the barrel

Mine was delivered this week, (thanks Bob).

Just blatted a couple of mags in the back garden, feels like it'll be a nice fun gun.

A trip to the gun shop next week beckons, for some more co2 and bb's.

Wayne

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    Quote Originally Posted by w-v-m View Post

Wayne
    hahah yeh thats for sure .. i sent 14 thousand rounds through mine now , and counting
    Getting Old

Quote Originally Posted by w-v-m View Post
    Mine was delivered this week, (thanks Bob).

Just blatted a couple of mags in the back garden, feels like it'll be a nice fun gun.

Wayne
    Hi Wayne,
    Your welcome buddy and I jus know your going to have lots of fun with that. I had lubed all the sliding parts with proper Bisley Molly grease, as they are as dry as a witches tit when they are sold, so yours should blowback and cycle very nicely.

Happy christmas all
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could give me any critical information I need to know about the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 as I am going to pick it up from the local shop tommorow.
    Thanks in advance!
    Jack
    Have a quick browse through these pistol section pages. There is a wealth of information, it seems one post in 10 is about a Witness!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Hi

Just got mine yesterday, despite the rain I am on my third CO2. Nice feel to the gun, good weight, quite accurate replica and shooter, a lovely feel to the single action trigger. Would benefit from additional mags and definitely wooden grips. Like the overall gun really good value for the money.

Witness

Have had mine for a couple of months now and still Love it, I have not altered it in any way as why alter that which is already perfect,

Bobski is right about dryness so do lube before shooting,

If you are really new to this area, spray a good quality gun oil like Valentines VP 90 which is a cleaner and lube in one in and around the gun especially inside as they are prone to jamming if you do not,

The Guys on here warned me about not shooting till the mag is empty, this will leave a BB in the breech cock and lock the gun open and gently free the BB by using a .177 gun rod or a wooden skewer pushed gently down the barrel,

So shoot until empty,

Then load up and shoot some more

I dunno about VP90, is it not a mineral lube?? if so could it make the blowback mechanism brittle?? It won't last long once the plasticizer is leached out of the plastic.

I leave mine dry, a bit of pelgun oil is all you need every few CO2s.

Lube

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I dunno about VP90, is it not a mineral lube?? if so could it make the blowback mechanism brittle?? It won't last long once the plasticizer is leached out of the plastic.

I leave mine dry, a bit of pelgun oil is all you need every few CO2s.

Have been using VP 90 for years and have had no seal problems in any shape or form on any Co2 operated gun and PCP for that matter,

Have Umarex CP 99 in BB cal it must be eight years old and the seals and plastic parts are fine, it just does wot it sez on the tin cleans and lubes,

clean your pristine blueing on your fave rifle with a tissue and VP 90 bet you find the tissue rust stained

ATB,

Bernard