Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911

Fair enough them, tried and tested!

Bargain Prices For the Witness

I think everyone should buy a Tanfoglio Witness, it is an awesome fun gun to shoot as well as being able to field strip it and customise it.

I have added wooden grips to mine and polished the ejection port and soon hope to get a custom titanium trigger and ectended mag release fitted as well as numerous other grips.

i'd even go as far to say that i may even buy one or two more of these guns just to play and customise.

and if any one lives near leicester then Kibworth Shooting Ground is knocking them out at £79.99 or Merlin in Loughborugh at £84.99 (alot cheaper than £120 at solware)

tanfoglio witness

Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could give me any critical information I need to know about the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 as I am going to pick it up from the local shop tommorow.
    Thanks in advance!
    Jack
    Hi, how do you like the pistol?i am looking to get one at this time,but will have to be second hand as i dont live near a gun shop,and £25 to£ 35 is a bit much transfer on a gun around the price of the witness.

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    The Gamo lead BB's get stuck in the barrel. If you want to use lead BB's then H&N 4.4's work fine - OK if you are worried about rebounds - Ive shot many through mine without a problem

I tend to use SMK steel BB's in mine these days
    Hi where can you get the H&N lead ball ammo from they would be great for my PX4

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

lube

only use silicone oil for co2 as other oil messes up seals. Crossman pellgun oil is great for co2.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Hi where can you get the H&N lead ball ammo from they would be great for my PX4

Bill
    Not too sure if they would work in a PX4. Think the mags have small magnets in them that will hold steel bb in place but it would not work with lead. TBH, the PX4 seems best with pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    only use silicone oil for co2 as other oil messes up seals. Crossman pellgun oil is great for co2.
    Pellgun Oil is NOT silicone do not use silicone on metal to metal surfaces.

What happened to the sticky on Silicone Oil?

Silicone Oil is for external protection.

Pellgun oil is a mineral oil and ideal for the Tanfoglio or any other CO2 pistol for seals or moving parts.
    Zastava Owners Club.

I've just seen a review of the Cybergun Tanfoglio Witness 1911 here:

http://www.co2airguns.net/Collection...1911/index.htm

I have to have one!

I live near Cambridge (UK). Does anyone know the nearest place I could get one?

If its Woodys in Wembley it is not the end of the world as I do go to London now and again.

Cheers.

Hi Willie,

I ordered a Witness From "Cambridge Resale" on mill road at lunch time on thursday last week and they phone me at 9 the next morning to say it was in.
    Make sure you ask for the "blow back" model as they have the non blow back in stock.

ps. I`ve been told they stock them in the gun shop(if you can call it that)in Haverhill.
    Cheers Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stunutz View Post
    Hi Willie,

I ordered a Witness From "Cambridge Resale" on mill road at lunch time on thursday last week and they phone me at 9 the next morning to say it was in.
    Make sure you ask for the "blow back" model as they have the non blow back in stock.

ps. I`ve been told they stock them in the gun shop(if you can call it that)in Haverhill.
    Cheers Stu
    Thanks Stu.

I know Cambridge Resale.

Didn't know there was a gun shop In Haverhill.

19/01/2012

I have just ordered one from Cambridge Resale. They are doing a very keen price, aren't they? Thanks again for the heads up.
    Last edited by willie the pimp; 19-01-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: update

I've got it!

Fantastic! Even better than my Umarex Desert Eagle and certainly more accurate than my Umarex PPK (not that that would be difficult).

I can understand why some of you are buying 2.

Thanks again stu for putting me on to Cambridge Resale. Excellent service.

Quote Originally Posted by willie the pimp View Post
    I've got it!

Fantastic! Even better than my Umarex Desert Eagle and certainly more accurate than my Umarex PPK (not that that would be difficult).

I can understand why some of you are buying 2.

Thanks again stu for putting me on to Cambridge Resale. Excellent service.

I'll be getting a Tanfoglio next week - Good to hear of yet another happy owner!

Thumbs up

My local RFD, Country Sports of Ashby, (Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leics.) do a very good deal on the Tanfoglio 1911 blowback