Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Presents

Christmas Presents

Look what my Dad bought me for Christmas

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...3122011447.jpg

in 1975.

My first new gun, and my Dad still checks to make sure I'm looking after it.

Happy Christmas all

All the best Mick

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Excellent!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Now I wish I took pics of my first HW35, 14 years old, open sights and brought back 3 tree rat tails on xmas day after a few hrs shooting...just awesome

Ans yes still got the same gun, although now heavily modified in a Jim Maccari sporter stock in grade3 walnut

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Mine arrived Sept 1976. By then they'd changed the stock shape.
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...y/HawkMKII.jpg
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Excellent!
    Cheers Paddy

My Dad says he still has the receipt ---- so any problems we can take it back to the shop.

The big problem with that is that the shop has changed a bit over the years.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3577/...33c048ca62.jpg

It's a Hindu Temple now.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Now I wish I took pics of my first HW35, 14 years old, open sights and brought back 3 tree rat tails on xmas day after a few hrs shooting...just awesome

Ans yes still got the same gun, although now heavily modified in a Jim Maccari sporter stock in grade3 walnut

Hi Tony

I got my Hawk out the cupboard after 32 years on Thursday and gave it a service (nothing special) then tried a little power experiment on it.

In the first fortnight of owning the Hawk me and my brother half filled a Kidd Fymax Muckspreader with dead Starlings.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Mine arrived Sept 1976. By then they'd changed the stock shape.
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...y/HawkMKII.jpg

Hi Harry

Very nice, wish I still had the box for mine.

All the best Mick

Mine arrived July 1959, Webley Junior air rifle, and yes I've still got it!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All

Christmas Presents

Santa came,my boy got a penknife,multitool,firestarter,waterbottle and knockdown target, at the foot of my bed,and in-accordance with the law he placed,a nice junior rifle,and a mint boxed gat gun, pellets,darts,corks included at the foot of my bed.Good old Santa!!!

I remember similar Christmas pressies more than anything else as well. This post made me smile. My old fella (and he is old now!) bought me a 1926 BSA Light Pattern for xmas this year as I couldn't afford it myself. I am delighted with it, particularly now I have freed off the rear sight assembly and have zeroed her for 6 yards with a view to my clubs bell target shooting. Over the chrono she read no more than 2fps variance over five shots! Signs that she has been properly fettled prior to sale I reckon. Beats socks and after shave everytime.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I got my Hawk mk2 for Christmas in 1976, 35 years ago and I still have it
    I think I'll get it out this week and let my boys use up some Eley wasps.
    Daz

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Very nice Hawk 2. The Hawk 3 was not really an improvement in looks was it? If it ain't broke ....

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

Christmas present

My wife bought me as a surprise a BSA 1of a thousand and even got the calibre right. Best Christmas present ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Very nice Hawk 2. The Hawk 3 was not really an improvement in looks was it? If it ain't broke ....
    Hi Alistair

The problem with the Hawk MK2 was the fact that Webley were machining the barrels and breaches so that you could buy the gun with interchangable barrels, yet most customers only bought the gun with one barrel.

So Webley brought out the MK3 with none interchangable barrels to save themselves a bit of machining as the barrel was glued into the breach block.

This Hawk barrel and the trigger group were used on the MK1 Vulcan when it was introduced so Webley saved themselves a bit of developement money there.

Anyway I'm going back out to my workshop now to carry on with my Hawk tuning project having been inspired by Mr Tyler's efforts in the current AGW.

So far I'm up to 800fps in .177", I think I'll try it in .22" today.

All the best Mick

Hawk

Mick

800fps from a Hawk! That is good, O ring replacements and a longer stroke perhaps?

I've just chronoed the Osprey in .177 again and the fastest I got was 757fps with Geco and a sedate 680 with RWS Superfield. Bought this months AGW for some tips from JT himself, mind you the sheer cheek of doing the same thing again only 30 years after he last did it in AGW. Cheap and Tasty rings a bell and instead of PTFE I think it was a bit of chrome shower rail from the bathroom!!!