Thread: How much power?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    a 22 hw45 would do the job with no problems. it would last a lifetime also.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    a 22 hw45 would do the job with no problems. it would last a lifetime also.
    There's another good choice. But expensive!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

slightly amused with the image of 'humanely killing rats in a trap' ... does that mean killing them as if they were humans?
    I'd say have them killed *naturally* ... hand them out to ferret (or python, or anything of comparable tastes) owners, possibly for a small fee covering operating expenses!

Another method (picked up from a mate working in a biotech lab): which sounds cruel but is quick and probably painless:
    grab by tail
    swing onto table top with enough force to stun then animal for a few instants
    put thumb on neck behind skull
    yank tail

This will break the neck and severe the spinal cord. Does require some training, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
    slightly amused with the image of 'humanely killing rats in a trap' ... does that mean killing them as if they were humans?
    I'd say have them killed *naturally* ... hand them out to ferret (or python, or anything of comparable tastes) owners, possibly for a small fee covering operating expenses!

Another method (picked up from a mate working in a biotech lab): which sounds cruel but is quick and probably painless:
    grab by tail
    swing onto table top with enough force to stun then animal for a few instants
    put thumb on neck behind skull
    yank tail

This will break the neck and severe the spinal cord. Does require some training, though.
    For non-lab rats? You first.

That is assuming you could actually keep hold of it long enough.

"grab by tail"

Have you ever tried to grab a wild rat that is slightly peeved at been stuck in a trap for a few hours. Even with good gloves I wouldn't risk it. These rats are riddled with diseases that you really don't want. The only wild rat I pick up is a dead one.

Dave.

I would not even bother with a pistol get the tattiest old spring .22/.25 rifle so you can poke it thru the bars one handed, that way you don't get sprayed with blood. £50 should see you sorted.
    Theoben Taunus .22, Custom Ratty .22, BSA Superstar Mk 1 .25, AA S 400 super lite carbine .177 ,Crosman 2300T, Beretta 92 FS,Weihrauch HW45 Silver Star .177
    "He who rides the Tiger can never dismount"

Quote Originally Posted by Peche View Post
    The only wild rat I pick up is a dead one.
    And I bet you don't do that with your hands either