Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lazy Sellers

It's not just about the item, it's about the impression of the seller you get from the sales post. A seller who posts half a dozen or more in focus shots of the item with appropriate close ups e.g any marks, and who gives a detailed description is IMHO more likely to:
    - have the item;
    - have looked after the item;
    - take care in packing the item.

Also while everyone may know what a six month old S400 may look like, with many items there may be slight variations in the design at times during its production. These may be improvements (or not) but it all adds to the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people haven't seen or handled a given model of gun, pictures can really make a sale
    found to my cost on here this year that even when photos are posted some sellers show the faults honestly, either by
    only photographing the best parts or by taking images so small they show up to prospective buyers ,there does,nt seem to
    be much the buyer can do about it after either , I have had several good deals on here but nearly as many bad ones , I even drove
    a round trip of 180 miles to buy several rifles only to be told by the seller he was in a hurry and when I got to examine them one had
    some small parts missing ,rang the seller and he assured me he would post them on to me , month later still not received parts and
    seller would not meet me to save travelling so far for me , hence another day of time and fuel to collect or lose the parts !
    It makes you lose faith particuarly as they were well repped members of this forum !
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Looks liike Doug R had a good Christmas!

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Looks liike Doug R had a good Christmas!
    Well said!
    Toilet trained since March

Piccies

Now heres a rarity,

I agree with Nick a picture is worth a thousand words Blah Blah! etc,

I will openly admit not being the sharpest tool in the computer area,

But would happily send a disk for free with a shot from all angles to allay any fiddle fears,

But as I am not selling any of my Babees! You can all Bugger! off

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    found to my cost on here this year that even when photos are posted some sellers show the faults honestly, either by
    only photographing the best parts or by taking images so small they show up to prospective buyers ,there does,nt seem to
    be much the buyer can do about it after either , I have had several good deals on here but nearly as many bad ones , I even drove
    a round trip of 180 miles to buy several rifles only to be told by the seller he was in a hurry and when I got to examine them one had
    some small parts missing ,rang the seller and he assured me he would post them on to me , month later still not received parts and
    seller would not meet me to save travelling so far for me , hence another day of time and fuel to collect or lose the parts !
    It makes you lose faith particuarly as they were well repped members of this forum !
    I hope you dobbed them in to the mods!
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I hope you dobbed them in to the mods!
    I did with the last one on here where his photos did,nt show the faults and he described as "Top Condition" , the seller offered
    £10 back off a £150 deal !
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !