Thread: Pistol scopes

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Pistol scopes

I currently have a 2x32 scope on my Rohm.

With another pistol on the way, I am tempted to try a 2-7x32. I shoot out to 25yards +

Anyone use a zoom pistol scope? Is it any help at longer ranges to have the zoom?

Anyone got one going cheap??

All opinions appreciated.

Thanks.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

A little bit more can be helpful but unless you're shooting off a rest, any more than about 4x IMHO is almost unusable due to the amount it magnifies your wobble.

Eye relief is another thing to consider. Often this decreases with higher mag making it more difficult to get a good sight picture with your normal hold.

agree with the above comments I use 2-6 x 32 simmons scope but only shoot upto 4x anything more there's too much wobble.

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    I ended up going for a 4x32 Simmons that I was offered. It is taking a lot more control compared to the 2x32 I was using, but is giving a much better look at the target.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

I bought a 2x20 for my webley alecto, i believe it is made by POA and seems to do the job up to 10yrds but i am tempted with a pistol scope with viable zoom to push the alecto to it's limits - if only the box provided with the alecto was big enough to fit a scope :-s