Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther cp88 or Beretta 92fs?

Walther cp88 or Beretta 92fs?

Hi all,
    I'm Thinking of venturing into the world of CO2 fun.
    Can't quite decide between these two.
    Any advice/ experience with these will be gratefully recieved.
    Thanks
    Ian

As always try before you buy if you can.

CP88 good enough for speed shoots etc, 92fs big solid lump feels great in the hand.

Only one real answer, that's both!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Of the two you see far more CP88's used in IPAS - a nice handling gun that with the exception of quirky slide release has a great reputation for build quality and reliability. In my opinion the 92 isnt so well screwed together and is a little cumbersome though I have to admit that it looks great - especially in nickel finish with wood grips. IMO its CP88 for function and 92 for looks - however as has been said best to handle both and see what takes your fancy (and as Richard says, you could always buy both....)

I have both and both are great fun, I agree the cp88 is just the better of the two.

Atb
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smurf88 View Post
    I have both and both are great fun, I agree the cp88 is just the better of the two.

Atb
    Sean
    Sean,

Having used both. Yes, the CP88 is better IMHO. The Beretta looks great, but the heaviness is a downer in use.

Alex.

As has been said the the Beretta looks good but I found it to be to heavy I would go for the Walther CP88 or a Colt 1911 I am a big fan of 1911s they fit lovely in the hand I find the Beretta to be too chunky.

Doesn't this depend on the replica maker?! I don't know for the Walther, but from what I've seen, there are several manufacturers that offer Beretta models, and maybe even more for the Colt.

I've had a CP88 and a Beretta and sold both, the Beretta was too big for my hands but looked great especially with wooden grips. It's difficult to explain why I sold the CP88, it just didn't appeal for some reason depsite being accurage and having adjustable sights (I had the competition model). I find the Umarex Smith & Wesson 586 my fav co2 pistol and it's growing on me more & more.
    I think I've a mental issue in that the CP88 is a revolver (in the way it works) that looks like a semi auto whereas the 586 is a revolver all thru if that makes sense.
    It's something very personal tho and the Umarex CP88 is extremely popular along with the Colt 1911.

Rich.

I have both and I couldn't decide between them. To look at and hold its the 92 for me, for a bit of fun in the garden the 88 is a great little shooter and is slightly better made. The 88 is louder and goes through gas a bit quicker then the 92. You'll be happy with either but go see them in the flesh first.
    BSA R-10 MK 2 0.177 Beretta 92FS 0.177
    Pigeons - 1 Squirrels - 1 Deer - 0.5

I personally don't see the point in the beretta. It looks alright but for a c02 gun its not alot of fun to shoot and compared to the cp88 it isn't as consistent with its accuracy or performance.

FS92 or CP88

Quote Originally Posted by IKSmudge View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm Thinking of venturing into the world of CO2 fun.
    Can't quite decide between these two.
    Any advice/ experience with these will be gratefully recieved.
    Thanks
    Ian
    Having read the replies I'm not sure if we are all shooting the same gun with reference to the FS92. I have the SW, Alecto, Winchester, Peacemaker, Crosman 150 from way back and a few others. All handguns.
    I would give them all up if I had to choose 1. It would be the FS92. Most good replica guns are a bit heavy and should be as most real firearm owners will confirm. Anyway this Canuck love 'em all but the FS in silver with the wood grips is my fav.
    Jon in Ontario,Canada.........oh age 76. Yep 76 and still shootin'

CP88 or 92FS...that is the question?

The Umarex Beretta 92FS was my first CO2 pistol & I'm still very fond of it. Although it's heavy, it does feel great in the hand. Last year I bought a CP88 Competiton and it's more accurate than the Beretta and a fair bit louder. As others have said, that slide release isn't the best & it doesn't handle quite as well as the Beretta. I know that it isn't up for consideration, but the S&W 586/686 is definitely THE most accurate of the Umarex pistols and probably has the smoothest double action of them all. If you can get a COLT 1911 A1 with a set of competition sights (I've got one), that combination comes a close second in accuracy. Auditioning both of the pistols you're considering is definitely a good idea, as they both feel considerably different in the hand.

I too have owned both. The CP 88 was a lovely gun - wish I'd kept it. The 92 FS was good, but not as nice as the CP 88 to shoot. As others have said it's quite "chunky" and really didn't suit me - I have quite small hands.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

They are, with the 5/686, two of the three best of the Umarex pellet firers that I have used. It comes down to personal preference and how the grip and trigger reach fit your hand.

The safe option is the 88, which almost everyone, including me, likes. But my 92 is the equal of my 88, in sights, trigger quality, handling, and accuracy. Just (like the real 9mm version) a bit on the chunky side.

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
    Doesn't this depend on the replica maker?! I don't know for the Walther, but from what I've seen, there are several manufacturers that offer Beretta models, and maybe even more for the Colt.

Remember that the Umarex here are pellet firing and most the many new 92 variations by Umarex and others are in fact ' bb' only .