Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Cylinder for SAM pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Bob,

It might be worth a call to Checkmate Guns and speak to Bob Clevely - he got a spare cylinder for me 2 weeks ago.
    Hi Mike,

Good News! I am pleased you found another cylinder.

I checked with Bob some time ago - I will see if he has any more hidden away anywhere - especially a gunmetal (blue/grey) coloured one - that would be perfect - but I already asked him about this and at that time he did not have one.

You could also get your spare leaky cylinder fixed and end up with a spare spare - luxury! I expect it only needs a seal, and Bob can do this for you. Handy living in Chorley eh?

Now you are ready for the SAM Fest...let me know when you are coming.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

hi, lads.
    iv'e used a sam k11 for target comp for the past six years now, and never needed anything for it,? except?=
    once i let big daft ian at rivvi, have a go and he snapped off the cocking mechinism.
    he offered to fix it ,and apparently sent it to sweden or germany and paid £120.
    the gun has been flawless other than that. i keep saying im selling it, then when i have another shoot i change my mind,
    to the annoyonce of fellow club members who would love to relieve me of it.
    i saw one in an old airgunner mag priced at £860 .i never paid anything like that for mine though.
    i recently had it re-sealed and serviced by dave mercer for £30, (bargain i know). he's in farnworth.
    anyhoo, the reason for this reply is to ask how much spare cylinders are going for . im a member of rivington riflemen by the way, if ever you go up their give us a shout.
    kind regards tazzi.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Hi tazzi,

I also belong to Rivington Riflemen - I tend to shoot on Thursday nights although I haven't managed to get there for the last few weeks. Let me know when you're going and we'll compare K11's

Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

im up there on sunday19th morning till around two pm ,it's me kevan ? who are you?
    i didn't know anyone else had a k11 at our club.

Hi Kavan,

Why not join us at the Rossendale Club on Tuesday for our mini SAM fest? This would boost the numbers by a huge percentage if all three of us turned up at the same time!

You never know, we may find some more SAM users and end up with even more of us at similar events in the future!

ta for the invite zooma, unfortunatly it's my birthday on tuesday and i feel obliged to go out on the lash with my young uns then wed-thur im up at rivvi .
    we have more in common than i first thought, i read that you own an original 75, i have recently bought one of these
    for ten mtr card /bell shooting, im quite impressed with how well ballanced they are for such a big lump of a gun.
    Last edited by tazzi; 20-02-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Maybe next Tuesday Tazzi - Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

You have chosen wisely.

The Original Model 75 is a great rifle.........and you have a SAM as well....Good Choice!
    Last edited by zooma; 20-02-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Bob,

It might be worth a call to Checkmate Guns and speak to Bob Clevely - he got a spare cylinder for me 2 weeks ago.
    Hi Mike,

It was good to meet you at the Rossendale Club last night and get to see your Blue K11 and compare it with my own "Titanium" K11 - the small differences were quite surprising since they are both the same model K11 - even though the main components are essentially the same.

I am very envious of your "Titanium" cylinder - exactly what I need to colour match to my K11 - so I am still looking and hope to find one soon.

Your posh pistol stand was also quite impressive - maybe I should find some wood and see if I can knock something up to do the same job as it looked good and was very practical.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Hi zooma,

The posh pistol stand was made from oak for the base and sapele offcuts from a window frame; they were going to be burnt to heat the workshop.

If you want one ( or two or three even) I am sure that Dennis who made mine could be persuaded to produce replicas for a less than extortionate fee.

Let me know and I'll ask. We also discussed a simple front support for "normal" PCP pistols such as Steyr, Morini, FWB etc with folding legs; better than laying pistols down on their side.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Hi Mike,

Yes - please ask Dennis The Pistol Stand Maker (DTPSM) if he has enough off-cuts left to house my SAM pistols - you are right - it is much better than just laying them down, and the bi-pod weight bars are better being held safely - especially if they are counter-weighted like yours to off-set any twist as they do not "sit" very well on them when rested - and they do not lay on their sides too well either.

This will take my mind off of the wait to find a "titanuim" coloured cylinder for my SAM !

Quote Originally Posted by psf32 View Post
    I Should be able to help you but am out of the country until Tuesday but until then this is the uk importer

http://www.diverse-trading.com/diverse-trading-co-uk/
    Are you back in the country yet?