Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Cylinder for SAM pistol.

Air Cylinder for SAM pistol.

I have been shooting a SAM K11 target pistol recently, but I want to find a spare cylinder for it.

The pistol seems to have been manufactured in three colours - blue, titanium and black.

The K11 I am using is the titanium coloured version ( like a metalic blue/grey) and this is the colour of cylinder I would like to buy if possible.

The cylinders used on the SAM have no manometer on them so I am guesssing they are not going to be as expensive to buy as the rival makes such as the Feinwerkbau/Steyr/Walther/Morini etc

Does anyone know where I may be ale to buy a new SAM cylinder, and if it is possible to still buy this titanium coloured type?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I don't know about the SAM but you could try;

Bob Clevely at Checkmate guns. 01257 260132
    or
    Peter Friend at Surrey guns. 02086 477742

Hope this helps.
    Daystate Mk4, Daystate X2 Merlyn, Weihrauch HW77k, Weihrauch HW35E, Benelli Kite

Thanks Greenwing, I can ring around all the dealers and see if they have anything, but I was thinking I would have more chance of finding one on BBS due to the age and colour of cylinder I am hoping to find.

Maybe somebody has a SAM they no longer want or one that needs a repair etc, as this could be the best source for me to find one.

I actually like the pistol enough to buy another for my son if one should crop up at the right price during this search for a spare cylinder.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Hi zooma,

Have a look at this http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Pistols...px?newSearch=1 for a reasonable deal.

I've got a K11 and I need a second cylinder too - the SAM site http://www.samarms.ch/samlugano.ch_004.htm shows replacements with manometers but they don't have a UK agent as far as I know.

I find the pistol very adjustable, well balanced with a superb trigger. I've spent time altering the grip and I think it's close to being set up right for me.

Good luck with yours! - hope to visit Rossendale in the New Year if that's OK.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response - if I find a supply of these air cylinders I will share it with you!

It would be great to see you at the Rossendale Club with your K11 - we could compare notes! Let me know when you are coming as I usually only go there on a Tuesday and would hate to miss you (or your K11 !).

Is your K11 the metallic blue or titanium blue/grey colour?

Bob,

Please clear your inbox - I've a pm waiting for you.

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Bob,

Please clear your inbox - I've a pm waiting for you.

Mike.
    OK Mike,

Please try again - the box is now empty!
    Bob.

Anshutz Cylinder.

I picked up a spare cylinder last night to fit my SAM K11.

The cylinder is a little unusual as it is branded Anshutz, and it also has an Anshutz branded manonmeter on the end of it!

The cylinder fits and works prefectly, and being a light metalic gunmeteal colour is a nice match for the colour of the K11.

Apparently the story goes that Morini was designing a variant of the SAM pistol for Anshutz, but then Anshutz bought Steyr instead leaving a few of these very rare SAM manufactured ( but Anshutz branded) cylinders with no home!

I have never heard this story before, and never seen one previously - does anyone have any more information to contribute to this fascinating bit of match pistol history - and does anyone know if there are any Anshutz branded SAM pistols out there that were also made redundant when this project was unexpectently terminated ?

I've got a home for another of those cylinders......

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    I've got a home for another of those cylinders......
    They are hard to find- but new ones from SAM also come with manometres and so it saves having to connect the air cylinder to the seperate pressure guage to see how much air is left.

Maybe it is the same design as the SAM Anshutz cylinder that I was lucky enough to find?

Anyone got a new SAM recently?.did it have the new type cylinder fitted?

Is there a UK importer for SAM

Does anyone know if there is a UK importer for SAM air pistols by any chance?

I am still wanting to find and buy a spare cylinder for my SAM pistol, and even like them enough to take a look and see what the latest 2012 match pistol K14 model looks like - maybe they have made a few small changes? - but with no UK importer this is not so easy, and I have still not been able to find another good used spare cylinder - or even an inexpensive used SAM to buy as a "back-up".

Any helpful information would be appreciated.

I Should be able to help you but am out of the country until Tuesday but until then this is the uk importer

http://www.diverse-trading.com/diverse-trading-co-uk/

A few months ago I was thinking of buying a s/h Sam pistol but needed a left hand grip. I rang City Air Weapons as they have helped before with grips, they gave me the name of the importers which I have forgotten, might be worth a call to City Air Weapons Solihull.
    Best of luck.
    Peter

Edit, thats the company above

Bob,

It might be worth a call to Checkmate Guns and speak to Bob Clevely - he got a spare cylinder for me 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    A few months ago I was thinking of buying a s/h Sam pistol but needed a left hand grip. I rang City Air Weapons as they have helped before with grips, they gave me the name of the importers which I have forgotten, might be worth a call to City Air Weapons Solihull.
    Best of luck.
    Peter

Edit, thats the company above

I have a left hand medium SAM grip in VERY good condition - looks like new.

Let me know if you need one in the future.