Thread: HW45 Shoulder stock and taller front sight

HW45 Shoulder stock and taller front sight

I've managed to track down a shoulder stock for my HW45 and of course I'm now experiencing the inability to lower the rear sight enough so it doesn't shoot 4" over target.
    I've found lots of references on the web about an extended front sight (which I can see will fix the problem), but I have no idea what it looks like. I don't expect to be able to buy one now, but I can't even find a picture of one on google!
    I'm thinking of making one by milling away most of a scope mount, but I don't know what height the sight should be. The lowest I'll be able to make it is 10mm (above the scope rails) is that too high?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The genuine HW ones used to slide over the existing foresight and clamped to it with a small grubscrew - from memory it was around 12-15mm higher than the original one, If you're making one you could just make the blade overly high and just file it down until you get down close, that way you'll not end up making lots of 'em

Link to picture of one I sold here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....47#post4326447

.....hope that helps.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 29-12-2011 at 08:03 PM.

HW45 Shoulder Stock

I have the shoulder stock and front sight which I purchased new many years ago. Unfortunately I have never been able to shoot successfully with it. The front sight moves due to recoil and the stock does not fit very well.

I don't think it was actually produced by HW but I might be wrong. It was impossible to shoot accurately and in the end with regret I removed it. All I would say is that it looks great fitted with the stock!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If its a genuine HW one it will have an 'HW' on the butt pad IIRC, it'll also have a stupidly long reach - I'm nearly 6' and it was genuinely uncomfortable for me.
    The foresight grubscrew was pointed and hard and dug in a little to the foresight blade so recoil didn't affect the one I had.
    You also needed longer screws to relocate the grip on top of the stock plate as the original ones were then too short.

A cool idea though, the much nicer (and much cheaper!) Crosman stock on a 13xx or 22xx works much better if you fancy an ultra carbine IMO and on the 2240 the rearsight converts to a peep sight too
    Last edited by harvey_s; 02-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.