Thread: Just finished rebuilding my restored .20 HW77 MK 2

Just finished rebuilding my restored .20 HW77 MK 2

Just finished this project this morning.

Rebluing by RichardH and Stock refinished by Frontend Loader

http://s791.photobucket.com/albums/y...20restoration/

I might now go for a V-Mach Kit which would be a first for me but we will see. She is shooting very smoothly but only 9 ft lb

I took the transfer port out to 3.5mm from the original 2.9mm as recommended and she is super smooth with almost zero recoil but I want 11 ft lb... She has the origibal internals but I made up a PTFE piston liner and polished everything...

Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 01-01-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

looking good mate & you will get the power back up i bet i no time, however i am going to give my hw77 to uk neil to work on as it needs a good service etc,,,, as i have a OX spring in it at the mo ( it was the only one i could get at the time some years ago ) plus i do not really use it but i will more this year.

Thanks Mate

The power must go up!!!

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

have you tied changing your breech seal? my 97 lost 0.8 of power. the breech seal is reversable, so i picked it out with a dart, turned it round and pushed it back into place. the power was back to normal.

it seems to get flattened everytime you close the lever when reloading. it looks flattened and squared off rather than a roundish look. mine was reversable. not sure if the 77's is, but you'd have thought it to be the same on the 77 and the 97.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    have you tied changing your breech seal? my 97 lost 0.8 of power. the breech seal is reversable, so i picked it out with a dart, turned it round and pushed it back into place. the power was back to normal.

it seems to get flattened everytime you close the lever when reloading. it looks flattened and squared off rather than a roundish look. mine was reversable. not sure if the 77's is, but you'd have thought it to be the same on the 77 and the 97.
    I have fitted a brand new breech seal

I guess it might not be sealing correctly though...

refurb

first of the new year,well done pal,very nice,happy new year.

Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    first of the new year,well done pal,very nice,happy new year.
    Thanks Den

HNY to you and yours too

mrto

Lovely job,congratulations and an inspiration to me as I have just enbarked on the refinishing of a 77K.ATB.

Transfer port

Hi,
    There is an interesting article about enlarging transfer ports and its effect on ft/lb in this months airgun world by Jim Tyler.
    May be worth a look!
    Dave

Thats come out really really well Matt

Stock looks fantastic

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post

Stock looks fantastic
    That'll be the orange spacers then

Hi Matty,

Well done, a beautiful job and a credit to you.

Goot shooting, all the best, Roy.
    Looking for ANY air weapon with the retailers mark of 'Wilkinson Pall Mall, London'.
    Please visit my website: www.wilkinsonfscollection.com

Quote Originally Posted by egghead View Post
    Hi,
    There is an interesting article about enlarging transfer ports and its effect on ft/lb in this months airgun world by Jim Tyler.
    May be worth a look!
    Dave
    Cheers! I'll buy it!

I have a copy of the original J Bowkett HW77 tuning guide and he recommends something around 3.8mm tapering to 4.0mm at the piston side, for the tranfer port.

I went from 2.9mm parallel out to 3.5mm parallel so well within the max modification.

I think I need a V-Mach piston seal

Might order one now

I don't think I need the full kit