Thread: Bets pistol for a beginner?

Bets pistol for a beginner?

Hi, was just wondering what people would recommend as a good first pistol. Been looking around for a while but theres so many to choose from i havnt got a clue which one to pick. Please help me

Depends on it's use , target,vermin or just back garden plinking
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

just for shooting around in the back garden really, but would like a pistol with a good bit of power

probably would use it for a bit of target shooting and just for in the back garden.

I'd recommend a break-barrel type. Just pick them up and shoot.

Look for a Webley, Diana, or the likes. Easy to maintain.
    In time you will want to upgrade to a SSP or CO2.

Good luck, Phil

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    If you want it for plinking and a bit of target shooting, it doesn't need to be full power.

What's your budget?
    Lots of people like the Webley Alecto, variable power and no need for PCP charging gear.
    HW40? Accurate and not as pricey.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Don't thinking terms of 'best pistol for beginner', you may as well buy a spud gun.

Think in terms of what's the best I can buy, for my purpose, within my budget.

And then buy a Tan Witness!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

I have a beretta 92fs co2 pistol it's awesome for backyard plinking, not full power but fine for targets and cans. It's multishot as well so just plink plink plink away!

Forget power, it's a not an issue when the legal limit is 6FPE.

If you want a springer then a second hand HW45 can be had for £150 in excellent condition, there are other pistols that are cheaper and will suit your needs but the HW45 will last forever.

If you want a multi shot pellet shooter with decent accuracy then the Umarex pistols make good plinkers, just remember they are only dressed up revolvers.

If you just want to have a blast shooting at cans and have £80 to spare then the Tanfoglio Witness is the gun to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by brettguise View Post
    I have a beretta 92fs co2 pistol it's awesome for backyard plinking, not full power but fine for targets and cans. It's multishot as well so just plink plink plink away!
    Last night a fella on here offered me a 92fs beretta in excellent condition for £100. So if all goes well should be getting it later in the week.