Thread: Which torque screwdriver?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which torque screwdriver?

Hi guys,

This is something I've thought about getting before, but never followed up. Just wondering what make / model people are using.

After doing a very quick scan of what's for sale, two have caught my attention, the Wheeler FAT screwdriver and the Sealey.

Does anyone have either of these and would they recommend it or something else?

Cheers,

Mark.

I've got a couple for rifles.
    A snap on screwdriver type and a torque leader dial gauge mini wrench.

The screwdrivers are very convenient - but the £200+ Snap-on driver has failed twice on me leaving fastenings being done up way too tight till I noticed the error.
    I've since reverted back to my old dialed mini wrench (which I picked up from an autojumble for £40). The advantage of the dial is that the torque is always being read out meaning you've got a bit more control and feeedback than with the clutch slip type screwdrivers.

The wrench is like this one link and I'd thoroughly recommend.

I actually work for sealeys mate , I have to test all the sample tools before saying if we can sell them or not, if you want I'll get one from stock and give it a good testing and check it on our calibrator to see if they are accurate
    Daystate Airwolf
    BSA R10 MK2
    BSA Scorpion Se

Gedore do a decent one, and Fultons of Bisley did have a second hand one in when I last visited.

Dom.

Mark,

If you're not set on a screw driver take a look at the Borka torque wrench, very simple and not expensive.

see: http://www.borkatools.com/pages/atd12/mtsd.html

Brgds Terry

Quote Originally Posted by another_dom View Post
    and Fultons of Bisley did have a second hand one in when I last visited.
    Dom.
    Yup - I saw that too.
    Same as the ones issued by DSG for maintenance. I think it was up for only £40 or so too.
    Who knows whether the calibration is still good though. One of these I think......

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I actually decided on a Wheeler FAT wrench. I chose it based on the good reviews from some American forums, price was also a factor.

Cheers,

Mark.