Thread: Pax airguns

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Pax airguns

Having sold off most of my best guns, i wanted just one good one. I dont hunt, i dont get time to do ft ot hft, but i enjoy plinking in the garden or my loft range. Im not into the norm s400 etc, so after hours of netting, i decided on a phoenix mk2. It seemed to have it all, looks power,speed independent 5 star rateing and as i have a divers bottel, pre charged as well. So then i was looking for shops. Well who else but the shop that makes them Pax. So after a busy morn walking the dog and posting out the guns i sold, i headed off to north London. I was dreading it a little, on a friday etc, but i had a dead clear run their, a12-m25-a1 down to archway rd, knew it well as i played the archway tavern many times! So me n the hound pulled right outside the shop, and when you look at the shop, you just smile, its like a throwback to the 70s, and so is the inside, the old wood counters, and just stacked to the brim with goodies. Well i gotta say Hugh and the chap who makes the phoenix were so welcoming, and very polite, makes a change from many shops iv been in nowdays. It reminded me of grace brothers, where instead of clothes it was guns. So they showed me the demo version of the rifle, and i knew i was going home with it, also the fast fire 10, that was amazing and i was a bit torn between the 2. But the looks and feel of the mk2 won it for me. So they fitted me up with a brand new boxed and tested .22 version, their carbon silencer, a tub of logan penetraters, and a fill of my bottle. The rifle retailed at £750, but i got all this for way less than that. I wish i had more time to look at all the guns they had there, but friday traffic and a trip back to essex was calling. So all in all, a great shop, full of goodies, with 2 polite and very knowlagable gents running the store, well worth a look, and the gun is well worth considering as your next pcp. They all come with 1 hole test card and print out of the power, mines doing 11.5 ft /lbs, perfect, its also built in essex, so that helps should it need to go back. Awesome gun, great shop, and great staff, highley recomend..also for me when i was a kid like 30 years ago, i used ti get the 253 bus to holloway and walk to that shop that used to be in honrsea rd but now closed, this one was always their, so also had memories for me too of the old days.
    Last edited by bassmanrich; 07-01-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now