Thread: 2 Old guns for sale. BSA Breakdown and Gem.

2 Old guns for sale. BSA Breakdown and Gem.

Usual stuff applies, in offering to buy these items you are confirming that you are of age and legal standing to do so blah blah blah. First unconditional offer to buy irrespective of means used (on thread, PM, e-mail, morse code etc) secures the deal and all that waffle.

Right then, if you are looking for minty, then please look away now. These two guns have been used over the years and their condition reflect that. If you are are looking for a project that you can bestow a little TLC on, or actually shoot without handling it with white velvet gloves and your pinky stuck out, and worrying about it getting a scratch etc, then read on.

1st up is a BSA Breakdown Pattern in .177 flavour. The bluing is a far distant memory and has been replaced by the brown patina as is common in guns of this vintage, the butt plug (fnarr) is a (badly fitted) replacement and the foresight is a new one from his Knibbs. Has had a new spring and seals. As said this gun has been used in it's life and has it's battle scars (I personally find this appealing and think it adds to a vintage gun's charm, but many don't). It's by no means mint, but certainly not a dog. I would call it an average example of a well used 70 odd year old gun.

2nd is a GEM smoothbore. I understand that there are many variants of these, so all I can tell you regarding model etc is that it has 'GEM' 'b' and 'Made in Germany' stamped onto the barrel. Condition of this small, but surprisingly heavy and well made gun is pretty much the same as the BSA. The pictures tell it better than I can really.

Ideally I want to sell both together, so I am asking £100 plus post for the pair. Am open to sensible offers, but please don't expect too much movement on price.

Pictures can be found here:

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...hdave/Pistols/

My that was quick. Provisionally sold gents.

Next in line if sale falls through please.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!