Thread: FWB 300s not sliding? HELP

FWB 300s not sliding? HELP

Could someone point out to me where I have gone wrong, I used a video on YouTube to take down the rifle, I have replaced the seals and springs, put it all back together, the rifle cocks and fires ok apart from the sledge not moving, I cleaned all parts and lubed sparingly on re-assembly. I must have done something fairly stupid.

Any help would be appreciated as I am just about out of ideas.

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

Hi Iain,

Can you pull the top of the action back with the other hand as you fire it? I am just wondering if is binding slightly?

Did the front two pins just glide back into place on re-assembly? Sometimes they need to be swapped over. The tolerances are very tight. Did you put any lubrication on them and what sort did you use?

My guide is here with pictures if it helps.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....bau-Model-300s

HTH

Mark

They were tight but did come out, the bottom sledge does move, not easily out of the stock and the pins came out ok, I cleaned all the parts and used the FWB white grease on all contact points. Is the grease to heavy causing the sledge to bind on the pins.

Iain

The FWB white grease is what I used on mine and it seemed to be fine as it is not too heavy.

I did have one so smooth the recoil made it move back and then forwards again if the rifle was tilted down a fraction. So fast that you did not notice!

Is the rear bolt tightened enough to pull the slide frame back around the rear block? If not it won't be level and can bind up.

HTH

Mark

Another thing to check.

When you tightened the main spring retaining bolt did it return to the same position it was in before you took it apart? These have shims for adjusting the position of the trigger group above the rest of the action. Without the same bolt turns this distance could be altered and effect the release of the sledge system.

HTH

Mark

I have stripped the rifle at least three times, I have tightened the rear fixing bolt to pull the rear block on to the sledge. The retaining nut for the mainspring I must admit I didn't pay to much attention. The front pins have been swapped around and lying on its back I can get the sledge to move all be it not easily but it does move. The pins have been soaked in a light oil and slide in to place easily.

I'm away for a beer, I'll try again tomorrow.

Iain

Spent another 3 hours and still the same, as soon as the back block is put in any chance of the sledge sliding has gone. almost at the point of giving up! I had a feeling this may happen, but the video inspired a bit confidence and I had all the parts so.... the rest is history.

I don't think or cant see any part I have damaged, I will try again tonight, I was working on it from 6:30 till 1:00am this morning.

Iain

When you fit the back block... is it seating in its location holes? if not it will cause it to bind! just my 2peneth...
    ATB John.

It is a bit of a struggle to get it to locate and sit as it should so i suspect that this is the cause, not sure why it should be but there it is. I had thought of getting a small drill bit to try and make sure the holes where the locating pins go are as clear as they can be.

Iain

Just curious,
    Have you managed to sort your sticking slide problem, and if so, how?