Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gorgeous mint diana100 target rifle

gorgeous mint diana100 target rifle

hi all just need a bit of help with a valuation i've took this gun in a p/ex deal and gave 450 quid for it
    its in immaculate condition its as good as new and shoots brilliantly,and is fitted with an exspensive rear sight
    its got the Anschutz variable aperture colour filter iris fitted to the Walther tunnel back sight with elevation/windage click stops,
    its a minter and as i dont know these target guns very well,and i need some help on price before i put it up for sale
    thanks for any help in advance
    atb
    dave

Hi Dave,

That's an unusual underlever model that I have not seen in real life, but I doubt Mayer and Grammelspacher would have fitted a rival Walther rear sight unit when they already had their own types in production, so I would guess this part of the rifle at least was not original ( sorry about the pun - it's not Diana either!).

I will check to see if I can find anything more about this rifle, and if I can I will pass it on to you.

Do you have any pictures to share with us - I would love to see some.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Diana 100

Diana/Original 100 is a side lever we have two of these rifles in our bell target league, I would value ours around the £200 to £300 mark, although they are not mint examples, and they not very easy to work on.

Jim
    Last edited by Jimlad; 26-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Diana/Original 100 is a side lever we have two of these rifles in our bell target league, I would value ours around the £200 to £300 mark, although they are not mint examples, and they not very easy to work on.

Jim
    Good information Jim - all I could find was a reference to the original Model 100 on a Milbro parts drawing - and this showed it as an underlever model!

Given the early time period of the Milbro drawings -maybe they (M&G) were going to use this Model 100 designation on an earlier model (prior to recoiless) that did not see the light of day? This is referred to in The Airgun Book by John Walter as "it seems to have been a simple underlever-cocker with a laterally sliding direct-loading breech".

Can you confirm these Model 100 rifles in your league have Original/Diana diopter sights fitted?

.....also they are not recoiless?
    Last edited by zooma; 27-02-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Diana/Original/RWS 100

Hi Zooma

The Diana/Original/RWS 100 was a follow on to the Original 75, same principal opposing pistons superb engineering but difficult to work on, Recoiless, there were two different versions with the same model No, we have one of each, the later version has a different trigger mechanism and some other minor upgrades, if you need do do anything to it you need to know if it is the earlier model or the later as some of the parts are different.
    The sights on ours are original/RWS sights.It has the number 100 on it

Link to a video :~

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...yYRL1fHj-UVUug

its a you tube video hope it works

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/xxxplayer/gun4.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/xxxplayer/gun3.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/xxxplayer/gun1.jpg

Jim
    Last edited by Jimlad; 26-02-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks for the info and the pictures Jim.

The links all work fine.

I see the rear sight is not only made by Mayer and Grammelspacher, but it also has the "100" model number cast into it.

The video shows the cocking lever working in a backwards direction to the Model 75 - more like the FWB 600 series of single stroke pneumatic rifles, and I love the "bolt action" loading cover operation.

Now I have seen one, I really like the look of it and must start looking to see if I can find one - I thought I had all of the M&G match rifles in my collection - but it looks like I have one missing!
    Last edited by zooma; 26-02-2012 at 10:18 PM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I've never seen one but I was always under the impression it was a SSP certainly looks like one on the pictures can't even see where the gear wheels are?
    We live and learn.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Diana 100

Hi All

Stand corrected, you are right Robin the 100 model is a SSP, I have never worked on these rifles and so I checked with our member who does all the work, I always assumed they were a follow on of the 75.

sorry for the confusion
    Jim

Hi Dave,

Put a link on here when you do decide to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi Zooma

The Diana/Original/RWS 100 was a follow on to the Original 75, same principal opposing pistons superb engineering but difficult to work on, Recoiless, there were two different versions with the same model No, we have one of each, the later version has a different trigger mechanism and some other minor upgrades, if you need do do anything to it you need to know if it is the earlier model or the later as some of the parts are different.
    The sights on ours are original/RWS sights.It has the number 100 on it

Link to a video :~

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...yYRL1fHj-UVUug

its a you tube video hope it works

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/xxxplayer/gun4.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/xxxplayer/gun3.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/xxxplayer/gun1.jpg

Jim
    Hi Jim,

I am looking for a Model 100 and think I may have found one.

Can you let me know how it is possible to identify a Mk1 from a Mk2 - are there any external differences I could see to help me identify the type I am looking at....bearing in mind I have not actually seen one "in the flesh" before ?

Thanks - Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Jim,

I am looking for a Model 100 and think I may have found one.

Can you let me know how it is possible to identify a Mk1 from a Mk2 - are there any external differences I could see to help me identify the type I am looking at....bearing in mind I have not actually seen one "in the flesh" before ?

Thanks - Bob.
    Bob my understanding is that the second version, with an upgraded cocking lever - strengthened at the ratchet wheel, which wore badly in the earlier models - had a visible stainless steel cylinder. The first pattern had a blued steel sleeve covering the stainless cylinder body. I could be wrong about this...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Bob my understanding is that the second version, with an upgraded cocking lever - strengthened at the ratchet wheel, which wore badly in the earlier models - had a visible stainless steel cylinder. The first pattern had a blued steel sleeve covering the stainless cylinder body. I could be wrong about this...
    Thanks Danny,

I would like to get hold of a Mk 1 and a Mk 2 Model 100 to take a good look at and to photograph and add to bobsairguns.

I must admit I would like to add a Mk2 to my collection as well - even though future spares look to be non-existant - giving the rifle a potentially very short working life!

This is somewhat surprising when previous Diana/Original/RWS match rifles still have some reasonable spare parts support - and yet this newer model that was actually made over a period of years ( not just a short production run) looks like having none at all. Very strange.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

City Air Weapons have one, it doesn't specify which model, £325.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks Danny,

Very helpful - I am guessing this is for a Mk 1 ?