Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its been a while .....

its been a while .....

Hi guys, as some of you know I had a rather nasty fall about 8 months ago the end result now is I can no longer sit my arse on the heal of my foot while atte mpting a kneeling shot, would a beanbag style pad between my foot and arse be legal in hft.
    Cheers nick
    H.R.P.C.....and proud of it

Hi Nick

At our club it would be ok as we already make allowances for people that can't knee at all.
    But I can't says what other clubs would say.

See you soon

Derek

Nick, it's illegal in respect to UKAHFT rules, you'd have to stand mate , or maybe ask Derek to send a PM round to the other Sussex HOC to ask what they think for shooting the Sihft..

See ya soon
    Steve

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MR NICK .B View Post
    Hi guys, as some of you know I had a rather nasty fall about 8 months ago the end result now is I can no longer sit my arse on the heal of my foot while atte mpting a kneeling shot, would a beanbag style pad between my foot and arse be legal in hft.
    Cheers nick
    Don't despair Nick, I do not know the exact nature of your injury, but I injured my knee nearly three years ago and was left unable to sit on my heal . After about two years I suddenly realised that greater movement had returned and I am now able to use this position once again .

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Cheers nick
    Without boring you with the details, I have no feeling in my feet - feels like that sensation if you have pins and needles but they have gone - just feels numb and 6 sizes bigger than they are.....Until I bend my toes :-0

Then the pain scale can go off the scale. It varies from day to day.

I spoke to the organisers of the league I shoot and they agreed to give me dispensation.

Basically what that means is that I try to take the shot kneeling - bean bag helps a lot in my case, or I can adapt the shot to allow me to find another position.

I try to make it as hard as the actual shot and I cant remember the last time I had to call upon.

I also thought about safety boots with steel toes from heel to toe so i can sit on the boot and the sole will not bend and crush my toes which causes the agony but not tried it yet.

Bottom line, speak to organisers, explain your limitation and agree how you can compete on a level basis but which allows you to avoid the problems your condition forces on you
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I also thought about safety boots with steel toes from heel to toe so i can sit on the boot and the sole will not bend and crush my toes which causes the agony but not tried it yet.
    In my experience there is only one type of footwear that don't flex, and they are ( well actually there are two, but I don't think concrete shoes are very practical ) moto cross boots. Safety boots do have metal in the soles, but they are still designed to flex so as to keep an arch.
    Whereas the moto cross boots that I wore, didn't budge a mm.The only problem with them are is that they only come in very bright colours, not exactly camo.
    I'm sure someone else will come upwith a better solution, or maybe your consultant can help you somehow.

Andy

Nick

My view is that we would rather that you were shooting than not shooting, for the sake of 3 shots in a round I would have thought we could find a way around it (unless you won of course when we would cry foul and beat you to a pulp)

Like other peeps have said, some safety boots are very supportive. I wear rigger boots and when sitting on the heel they hardly bend at all - if that helps?

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

...I agree Richard, i don't think he has a problem with his foot though, rather his ARSE as he so eloquently puts it

Sure we can find a rubber ring for you or something Nick!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

When you turn up for a shoot Nick, Don't forget your Dr. note!

Lads, he can't bend his knee that well IIRC, he's had the lower part of his leg rebuilt with pins etc. therefore can't physically get it to bend enough to get heel to bum action

On assisted kneelers can you use the reverse kneeler stance Nick or would it be painfull on that knee ?

I mentioned this issue to Pete Sparkes, some time ago now, and was told that if the senior marshal was informed about it being physically impossible to sit on ones heel then dispensation was possible, to allow a cushion to be used. Whether this has changed I don't know, pm Sparky to find out.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
    I mentioned this issue to Pete Sparkes, some time ago now, and was told that if the senior marshal was informed about it being physically impossible to sit on ones heel then dispensation was possible, to allow a cushion to be used. Whether this has changed I don't know, pm Sparky to find out.

Steve C.
    I did PM Pete Dutton, he said it would have to be taken standing

Hi chaps, thanks for the advice and support your a good bunch . Do you think anyone would noticeif I stuffed a pillow down the back of my pants lol, ive got about another 6 months of fizio yet and proberbly 18 months till im fully back to normal , motorbikes are great its just the other idiots on the road the cause the problems lol and yes it was a white van man !
    H.R.P.C.....and proud of it

Hi chaps, thanks for the advice and support your a good bunch . Do you think anyone would noticeif I stuffed a pillow down the back of my pants lol, ive got about another 6 months of fizio yet and proberbly 18 months till im fully back to normal , motorbikes are great its just the other idiots on the road the cause the problems lol and yes it was a white van man !
    Oh we ain't that great...

First off, i thought you had already stuffed a pillow down ya jacksee

Secondly, you really need to leave off the old fizio, look what it has done to Andy...he can't see, he's nearly as fat as me and it has done something terrible to his face....

Firdly...'back to normal'...now come on Nick that is just not gonna happen

fourthly what's wrong with white van men sonny jim!..

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

hi nick i know how you feel as i cannot shoot prone due to a back problem and people have always been willing to help out when i shoot standing or kneeling as if i need to move from the peg a little to get a view on the target
    do not steal the government hate's competition!!!