Because the eye relief is so long (3.7") the scope has to be mount a bit further forward which would have meant the front base only half on the dovetail, but I had a plan, already got a dovetail to picatinny rail converter and some nice vertically split rings that are quite slim as only one grub screw top and bottom. Ran into another only slight problem, these rings are low ones which meant I couldn't have fitted the bolt in the rifle

Quick search on the web and found optics warehouse do a pair of 1/2" risers and they came the next day (today)

thanks optic warehouse, brilliant service

Glad to say they fitted a treat onto the dovetail to pic converter I already had, then the split rings on top.

wow wow wow scope is set for perfect eye relief on first mounting and although 1/4" higher now than previous scope, it is just absolutely perfect.

one of the things I like about vertically split rings, is if you line the dot up on the scope which shows what mag it is set to and bang on the most upper part of the scope right in the middle of the top split, the cross hairs are now true vertical.

hopefully out tomorrow to zero at 100yds, then set up the BT