Hi all,

The first thing I want to do is excusing me for my English, I don't live in a English speaking country.
I've recently bought a MTC viper 10x44 for shooting HFT with it (thanks all for the advice about a scope here). Now I'll do a little review of it, it will be a review with my experiences at different times, so there are posts to follow.
When the scope arrived, the first thing I noticed was the big box where it was in. Pretty huge in comparison to my other scopes boxes. When I opened the box, I saw that the scope was well inserted with white foam rings, so it couldn't move in the box .
The box was very complete, whit all the accessories you need for the scope: mounts, sunshade, screw-in flip-ups, side wheel and Allen keys.
The double screwed mounts where better then other mounts supplied with Chinese made scopes, pretty low for 30mm, and the quality seems OK to me.
The flip-ups are good, I like the screw in, in my opinion they're better than normal push over flip ups.
The sunshade is like other sunshades I think, but it makes the scope pretty LONG (and I've a relatively short rifle, Steyr lg110).
The sidewheel is the only accessory that I didn't liked, because if didn't fit very well on the side-focus ring, and damaged the black coating on the turrets , (does someone has an idea how I can make it matt black again?)
The scope's big turrets are very easy to adjust, pull out them and turn, and simply push them back in the lock them. The only bad thing I can say about the turrets that it's sometimes difficult to push them in, but that's personal.
The optics are pretty good, a nice, sharp and clear image , of course it's not a leupold, but that's impossible for that price. Testing of the DOF will be done later.
I like the SCB reticle very much, plenty of aim marks, and the fact that you have half mildot's is nice, I didn't checked if there real mildots, that's something for the future. The reticle is illuminated in 11 steps, I will not use it alot, but nice for those who use it .
The side-focus ring is pretty sturdy to rotate, without a sidewheel, but as a HFt'er, it's no problem for me.

Overall, it's a nice scope for the money, and I would certainly buy it again.
I hope you could understand my English a little bit, and found (the first part of) the review informative.

Bram