Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTC viper 10x44

MTC viper 10x44

Hi all,

The first thing I want to do is excusing me for my English, I don't live in a English speaking country.
    I've recently bought a MTC viper 10x44 for shooting HFT with it (thanks all for the advice about a scope here). Now I'll do a little review of it, it will be a review with my experiences at different times, so there are posts to follow.
    When the scope arrived, the first thing I noticed was the big box where it was in. Pretty huge in comparison to my other scopes boxes. When I opened the box, I saw that the scope was well inserted with white foam rings, so it couldn't move in the box .
    The box was very complete, whit all the accessories you need for the scope: mounts, sunshade, screw-in flip-ups, side wheel and Allen keys.
    The double screwed mounts where better then other mounts supplied with Chinese made scopes, pretty low for 30mm, and the quality seems OK to me.
    The flip-ups are good, I like the screw in, in my opinion they're better than normal push over flip ups.
    The sunshade is like other sunshades I think, but it makes the scope pretty LONG (and I've a relatively short rifle, Steyr lg110).
    The sidewheel is the only accessory that I didn't liked, because if didn't fit very well on the side-focus ring, and damaged the black coating on the turrets , (does someone has an idea how I can make it matt black again?)
    The scope's big turrets are very easy to adjust, pull out them and turn, and simply push them back in the lock them. The only bad thing I can say about the turrets that it's sometimes difficult to push them in, but that's personal.
    The optics are pretty good, a nice, sharp and clear image , of course it's not a leupold, but that's impossible for that price. Testing of the DOF will be done later.
    I like the SCB reticle very much, plenty of aim marks, and the fact that you have half mildot's is nice, I didn't checked if there real mildots, that's something for the future. The reticle is illuminated in 11 steps, I will not use it alot, but nice for those who use it .
    The side-focus ring is pretty sturdy to rotate, without a sidewheel, but as a HFt'er, it's no problem for me.

Overall, it's a nice scope for the money, and I would certainly buy it again.
    I hope you could understand my English a little bit, and found (the first part of) the review informative.

Bram

Good writeup

They are a cracking scope, nice to see your enjoying it.
    And as for the English, its better than a lot of people who live here.
    Well done

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluey View Post
    They are a cracking scope, nice to see your enjoying it.
    And as for the English, its better than a lot of people who live here.
    Well done

Simon
    Thanks .

Today I've tested the scope a little bit more and zeroed my Steyr, the adjustment was easy, good audible clicks, and not to difficult to turn. I've also done the square test: 1 shot, 1 turn whit the turret to the left, 1 shot, 1 turn to above, 1 shot, 1 turn to the right, 1 shot and 1 turn to below and then 1 shot, the four shot's made a perfect square, and the first and last shot where in the same hole .

Bram

edit: I was forgot to mention that you have to place your head straight ahead the scope, otherwise you get a milky image, for HFT I see this as a advantage, because it forces you to put your head straight ahead the scope every shot, so you have less parallax error

Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Hi all,

The sidewheel is the only accessory that I didn't liked, because if didn't fit very well on the side-focus ring, and damaged the black coating on the turrets , (does someone has an idea how I can make it matt black again?)

Bram
    Hi mate,
    Regards touching up tiny bits of the black finish on scope turrets etc, I use a Birchwood Casey SUPER BLACK MATT Touch Up Pen
    If you search evil bay for item 360193855392 you should find the right one.

ATB
    Steyr LG110 HP Hunting + Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16 x 42 Mil-Dot
    BSA R-10 + Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 4.5-14 x 38 SR6

Kibworth SG

Quote Originally Posted by J00SPD29 View Post
    Hi mate,
    Regards touching up tiny bits of the black finish on scope turrets etc, I use a Birchwood Casey SUPER BLACK MATT Touch Up Pen
    If you search evil bay for item 360193855392 you should find the right one.

ATB
    Thanks!

Mtc

I have a viper 6-24x56 it's really great, was thinking about a 10x44 for hft.. After reading this think I will )

Viper 10x44

3 of the top 10 ukahft national finishers, and 2 of the England team use 10x44 vipers in hft successfully, plus you will struggle to find better value and product support from any other scope company.

Alex
    M.A.D for it.
    Team England 2019

i use a 10x44 on my rapid7 its a cracking combination i dont think you will buy better for the same price , i thought about updateing it but after looking through lots of more expensive scopes im sticking with it

Had one as my first scope couldnt fault it great plinking scope

i have 3 for these great for the money 10x44 vipers & i do some hft & plinking about & they work great for me, plus the white out helps me to get my head & eye right on the stock.

I'm on the verge of buying one for HFT. I've never used my Nikko Sterling 3-9x50 on anything but 9x magnification so it makes sense to go for a fixed 10x I think.

I like the reticule (although I suppose it would take a while to learn how to use it for full effect) and I like that it comes with Mounts and a sidewheel. Realistically those could be £30-£40.

Some complain of Whiteout whilst some point to HFT champions.

There's a definite opportunity for the budget manufacturers to produce a similar 10x44 AO scope. JSR, Nikko Sterling should be able to make something for £50 and it would fly off the shelves I think.

Until then, unless someone can think of a better scope for HFT around £140 then I think I'll get one.

Does anyone use these for hunting?
    Air Ranger .22 MTC 10x44 Vipers

i use the 4-16 viper on 6 mag for hunting and the 10x and 3-12x on my hft rigs because i know the aim points.not the best scopes optically on the market but for value for money i think they are hard to beat.

MTC Viper 10x44 on its way from Uttings. Should arrive tomorrow...

Coincides nicely with my local club starting to hold UKHFT competitions in August. Perfect.