Thanks for the review guys as I was thinking of changing my 4-16x50 viper for the fixed 10x44 as my aim points can catch me out when i am trying too hard and also the fact that I have a damper mount on it. when zeroed at 30 yds 8 yds seems a bit mad as its 3.5 mildots and then 15 is half with the change over at 17 then just above cross hairs at 20, then cross hairs until 30. it has cost me a few points and also i cant really rest my cheek against the cheek piece with that set up. I was going to sell it on and buy the 10x44.

Had a conversation with Sammy at MTC today and she was a fantastic help and discouraged me from the expense and suggested trying lower mounts. I have checked the clearance i have. At present my mounts are 20mm high and it has 6.2 mm clearance at the lowest point of the scope. I am now trying to find the right scope mounts as close as i can to 14mm to address this and feel optomistic that this is going to help address my inconsistencies in my shooting.

Basically I think I have too much to think about before pulling the trigger as I tried good old uncle Harry's gun on sunday and it seems so easy compared to mine to get consistent shots. Basically I have to just touch the side of my chin against the same place on the cheek piece which doesnt lend itself for the best set up when your doing hft. Now I have the job of trying to find 30mm mounts with arrester screw that the manufacturers give the exact height. any pointers would be great.