Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MTC viper 10x44

Hi due to your review i myself have purchased the viper and on first few tries with it im chuffed, got to agree with the op about the turrets being a bit hard to push down at times

turrets are tight but at least you know they're not going to move on their own, have fun they're a great scope, got two meself.
    HFT crazey,
    M.V.A.C.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the review.. I have one arriving any day for stating out in HFT
    sportswatch.me |cocoamedia.co.uk
    AA S400F Carbine 1.77 modded with UK Neil Air stripper,Rowan Trigger MTC Viper 6-24 x 56 SCB | AA TX200 1.77, MTC Viper 10x44 SCB | Webley Alecto 1.77, Hawke 30 Red Dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders66 View Post
    Does anyone use these for hunting?
    ive used for hunting and there exceptional scope all though a little heavy they really do represent great value for money when you compare to others in the price bracket,theres nothing ive seen through will touch these,you do get alot of kit for your money with the mtc range, ive noticed out of alot of scopes they do push the boat out when packed too, so there nice and safe when you get them,theres alot of extras with these you just dont get with other scopes

I have just fitted a 10x44 to my TX , does anyone else have one on a springer and has it stood the test of time?
    Atb.

Quote Originally Posted by simes222 View Post
    I have just fitted a 10x44 to my TX , does anyone else have one on a springer and has it stood the test of time?
    I spoke to gary about this and he told that the scope is more than capable of springer abuse. I think read somewhere that they were fine on rimfire as well.

Wryka
    They flutter behind you, your possible pasts ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders66 View Post
    Does anyone use these for hunting?
    mine is on my rapid7 .22 i hunt every week with it ,its a deadly combination ,cant fault it , i ranged & worked out the mill dots & have killed a maggie at 86yds sub 12 plus numerous pigeons at 70 plus

I got one on my tx200 awesome scope so easy to set up

i have the 4-16 which i thought was the most amazing combination with my tx,

Thanks for the review guys as I was thinking of changing my 4-16x50 viper for the fixed 10x44 as my aim points can catch me out when i am trying too hard and also the fact that I have a damper mount on it. when zeroed at 30 yds 8 yds seems a bit mad as its 3.5 mildots and then 15 is half with the change over at 17 then just above cross hairs at 20, then cross hairs until 30. it has cost me a few points and also i cant really rest my cheek against the cheek piece with that set up. I was going to sell it on and buy the 10x44.

Had a conversation with Sammy at MTC today and she was a fantastic help and discouraged me from the expense and suggested trying lower mounts. I have checked the clearance i have. At present my mounts are 20mm high and it has 6.2 mm clearance at the lowest point of the scope. I am now trying to find the right scope mounts as close as i can to 14mm to address this and feel optomistic that this is going to help address my inconsistencies in my shooting.

Basically I think I have too much to think about before pulling the trigger as I tried good old uncle Harry's gun on sunday and it seems so easy compared to mine to get consistent shots. Basically I have to just touch the side of my chin against the same place on the cheek piece which doesnt lend itself for the best set up when your doing hft. Now I have the job of trying to find 30mm mounts with arrester screw that the manufacturers give the exact height. any pointers would be great.

changed to the 10x44 after all

I thought I would let it be known that I was informed by those that had tried what I was trying to do that it would not work as the gap was so minute. So I have now changed the scope to the 10x44 and it feels so wonderful. I am very hopeful that I have now got Amy well sorted ready for some seriously rewarding HFT shooting.

I did get the 10x44 but was struggling to hold zero. MTC were fantastic and helped me out no end, they even gave me a replacement scope and yet was still struggling. basically I have been suffering parallax errors and concluded that my eyes do not suit this scope. I have swapped it for the mamba lite and wow what a lovely tool and its so much more suited to my needs. As the scope milks up easily unless your eye is in exactly the right place it makes sure that I can shoot consistently and now that I have adjusted my gun to suit my position I am astounded at how wonderfully crisp the optics are for HFT. So pleased I went through this learning curve. I am going to do my first HFT comp on saturday with this set up.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

I hav a mtc mamba and it is truly amazing, not found a scope which can match the quality of the glass for less that £500
    Daystate mk4 with a mtc mamba scope

I have a 4-16x44 Mamba lite on my TX and a Viper 10x44 on my R10. They were the other way round and things just weren't quite right. Once I'd swapped them over things just clicked. I really want to have a go at hft but spend most of my time either hunting or on the range. I too found the problem with the milkiness unless there was proper eye alignment but am working on my consistency.
    Daystate Regal .177 Mamba Lite 4-16x44 Belita moderator
    Crosman Ratcatcher, custom breech, QGS mod, 4x32
    Original 52 .177

nice

Bramm the Viper is my main scope 10x44 ,only thing is the paint on the flip ups is not very good , i dont think it as any base coat ,or etching paint on.I took mine off and featherd them with wet and dry paper .Then i re sprayed them with -Holts dupli color auto spray Acrylic formulation on the top reads L146 Satin Black. .Made a cracking job of the flip ups. The black slip over cover rubs the high spots on the scope. [ Dont use it.]

after reading this review ive just ordered one to go on my air arms 410