Thread: Sirocco with Anschutz Barrel, Information needed

Sirocco with Anschutz Barrel, Information needed

I brought an early Sirocco today, Ser No TB1095, it has an Anschutz Rearsight, but no foresight. Does anyone know what the foresight should look like, ideally with a piccy, in the hope that I might be able to pick one up somewhere. The Barrel has a single hole drilled in it, presumably for fixing the foresight. Lastly, does anyone know the date of manufacture.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    I brought an early Sirocco today, Ser No TB1095, it has an Anschutz Rearsight, but no foresight. Does anyone know what the foresight should look like, ideally with a piccy, in the hope that I might be able to pick one up somewhere. The Barrel has a single hole drilled in it, presumably for fixing the foresight. Lastly, does anyone know the date of manufacture.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.
    I could be wrong as its a bit out of my timeframe, but did the very early early ones have webley vulcan sights ?
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I could be wrong as its a bit out of my timeframe, but did the very early early ones have webley vulcan sights ?
    I think you are right about the foresight, it does look very Vulcanish, though my old one had a silencer. Also I think the trigger unit was Webley as well. I could not really adjust it to suit me and always had a rather long first stage.

I remember Webley components being used in the first manufacture and I also remember Anschutz barrels being used, fairly early on in the manufacturing period, assuming my rearsight is correct for the gun. Have any other users of this section got an Anschutz sight system fitted to their Sirocco ?

Vic Thompson.

Theoben Ser. No. TB1095

Vic,

I'm sorry I can't help you with the issue of the sights but can help with some dating.

Taken from the the Theoben website .....

Serial numbers TB1001 -to- TB1102 were produced in July 1984 and are part of the seventh series.

Barrie