Thread: Anschutz LG380 for sale

Anschutz LG380 for sale

In very nice condition. Shoots lovely.

Anschutz's last recoilless spring air rifle.

The entire action slides on rails concealed within the cylinder and barrel shroud.

See video of the action <HERE>.

The price is £275 plus postage. PM for more pics.

You must be aged over 18 and not disqualified from owning airguns.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Garvin,

I will take it - PM sent.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

On hold for Zooma.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    A beautiful example.

As soon as I saw this one, I thought Hmmm? I bet I know who will buy this!!!

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

.......you know me so well!

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Only because he beat me in fastest finger
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Fast fingers or not - I had to make a small sacrifice to buy the Anshutz.

The sacrifice was that I had to sell my 300SU to pay for it, but my logic is that when I have some cash again at the end of this month I have a fair chance of finding another good 300SU to replace it, but a lot less chance of finding another good LG380.

I have long wanted a good LG380, and sold my LG250 many years ago (also regretted), so I am looking forward to shooting the only spring powered match rifle that is reputed to be better than my 300S.

Does anyone have a really good 300SU for sale at the end of this month ?
    Last edited by zooma; 17-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.

How are you getting on with your Anschutz 380 Zooma?

Got to be the best recoilless spring piston rifle ever made,don't you agree?

Feinwerkbau pah!

Anschutz for ever
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

The 380 Annie is a great rifle to shoot, and is probably the most complicated recoiless match rifle of any type ever made.The example I have is an early type with the plastic cheekpiece. I have not seen or had the chance to shoot the later type with the wooden cheekpiece, but this one is very comfortable and is really nice to shoot.

The qaulity and finish is good - even though some claim the earlier Anschutz 250 model was even better - but my memory recalls that I chose to keep my FWB300S and sell my LG250 when I could only afford to own one rifle in the 70's.

If I had an LG380 at that time I would not have parted with it, but it was not made prior to 1981 so that was not a choice I had to make.

I have a very strong liking for all match air rifles from this era, and I am fortunate enough to have good examples of most of them to shoot and compare including a Feinwerkbau 300S (but no longer a 300SU - sold to fund the 380), Original Model 75, Walther LGR and a Feinwerkbau 601.

I enjoy shooting them all, and appreciate the differences and their idividual charactors.

All of these rifles are probably just as accurate as each other, and so it comes down to personal choice and how well the rifle fits the shooter. Owning them all is a temporary priviledge I really enjoy, but choosing between them is not easy.

The Model 75 and 300S have alternative mechanical solutions to give a "recoiless" action as opposed to the single stroke pneumatic action of the Walther LGR - but they all work well.......and all have their own personal "feel".

Is the Anshutz 380 the best of them all? Well it is certainly "up there" - but I need to shoot it for longer to fully appreciate all its qaulities fully before I will know the answer to this most difficult question.

Very good answer Zooma.

I have not owned but shot most of the rifles you mentioned with the exception of the LGR and all were pleasant to shoot and extremely accurate.

I bought the 380 over the other models due to a number of reasons -but the main ones for me were
    1.The rarity value
    2.The fit of the rifle to my frame
    3.The concept of the recoilless mechanism
    4.This one is in very good condition and is very sweet to shoot.

It is probably no better than the other choices but I wouldn't swap it for anything else (Other than a FWB 300 RT in a thumbhole stock)

Hi markmac,

As a matter if interest - is yours an early LG380 type like mine - or the later type with the wooden cheekpiece?

All the reasons you list for buying the rifle I agree with, and another one I have found is that it is the LG380 that stands out when they are all stood together on their bipods on my desk at home - by far the best looking for sure!

....but I am fond of all of them!

Do you have an owners manual for yours?.I never had one for mine unfortunately, but I do have a photo copy so I have the information, but not the original booklet.

Funnily enough I do have an unused LG250 handbook - still in its frosted paper enevlope - now if anybody wanted to do a swap....
    Last edited by zooma; 01-03-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Yes Zooma,mine is the early model with the plastic cheek-piece.I agree the 380 is a handsome beast and even better with the wooden cheek-piece.

I love the rifle but think the handling could be improved with a better stock.I have toyed with the idea of making a slimmer more adjustable stock, similar to the Walther anatomical but have resisted so far.One day though I will have a bash once I find a suitable blank of wood/laminate at the right price.

Unfortunately I haven't got the original handbook - I downloaded one off the internet and printed a copy.