Thread: Air pistol recommendations please

Air pistol recommendations please

Hi Gang

I'm looking for a decent entry level pistol.

I have a very specific need for it which means that power is paramount (obvioulsy within legal perameters).

Other than the HW 45 what is there out there that gives that sort of ftlb output?
    Help yourself to sauces down the end there...

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Crosman 1322 or 1377 pump ups, but lots of pumps for one shot at max power and a bit long
    Crosman Ratbuster or any 22xx series gun - CO2 power
    EB22 - Co2 Powered, a neat compact pistol
    Webley Alecto, 2 to 3 pumps for max power
    A few Brocock Atomics have gone on here for £170 recently but you'd need a pump or bottle for filling.

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thanks Nick

Any other recommendations appreciated.

The more compact the better

EB22 and the webley look about right
    Help yourself to sauces down the end there...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy View Post

The more compact the better

Avoid the pump-ups, then.

EB is probably your best choice.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

50 metres from the English Channel. Worthing
    With a bt of searching you could find the FN6 or FN8 Falcon pcp pistol for your price range and they beat the rammers and springers hands down.
    Easily led

the very best one for you would be the hw40 clone, its good power, well made, v accurate and nice looking and all for about £70. Beeman make it, and most air gun shops sell it. Co2 is fun, but this is a good accurate gun that costs nothing to run.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The OP want's something producing power comparable with the HW45 which means 5ft/lbs+
    The HW40 & clones are great for informal paper punching and lightweight plinking but only produce around half the power that is being requested here.
    Given that compact size has also been requested most of the PCPs are also out, there are some classic CO2 pistols that would do the job but they don't come up for sale all that often - Crosman 112, 116 & 150 and the Smith & Wesson 78g.
    A tuned Rohm Twinmaster PCP would fit the bill but I suspect it would be a too expensive,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

The Cometa Indian is quite a powerful pistol, certainly comparable in power to my HW45 (I think HW45s are overrated on power anyway, I've seen a few and never seen one doing more than about 4.5 ft/lbs). The trigger is not as good as the HW45 trigger, it's quite heavy, but it's a good, powerful plinker and cheaper than an HW45, better made than turkish-made Webley springers, and I think cheaper than the Alecto as well. If you want power I would steer clear of single-stroke pneumatics like thge HW40 and clone.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
    With a bt of searching you could find the FN6 or FN8 Falcon pcp pistol for your price range and they beat the rammers and springers hands down.

These are superb, go for the 8 though those two extra inches do increase the shot count quite a bit.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !