Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi or Single shot...Your preferences?

michaeladkins Guest

Multi or Single shot...Your preferences?

I have recently got myself a nice new Daystste mk3 sport, and very nice it is to!

This is not the first magazine fed multi-shot rifle i have owned, in fact its the third (all others sold).

I have owned the rifle for three weeks, after much shooting and many attempts to "get on" with the magazine i have given up.

I have now fitted the single shot tray and enjoy the rifle much more, THIS IS NOT a moan about the daystate magazine (which is very nice and very well made), its more a statement of fact - I prefer single shot rifles everytime.

I feel so much more in control or maybe more composed shooting single shot, maybe its the routine of fiddling with the pellet etc?

Anyhow 2 questions -

1. am i weird?
    2. anyone else recognise the above from thier own shooting experiences?

Regards

Michael

1) No.
    2) Yes, I'm exactly the same with my Hw100.

Only time I use the mag now is when out at night.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

I feel the same, Given the choice I take single shot every time to the extent that my only multishot is my Rapid 17, which is getting used less and less.

I find with multishot I get too tempted to just blaze away rather than focus on each individual shot, fun sometimes but I like my shooting too much for it too often.

However I don't hunt, only target shoot.
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

michaeladkins Guest
    Great Stuff - Feeling better already Dave

Digressing,but only slightly anyone know if a s10 can be converted to single shot?

cheers
    ENGLISHMAN

michaeladkins Guest
    [QUOTE=HarryPotter]
    I find with multishot I get too tempted to just blaze away rather than focus on each individual shot, fun sometimes but I like my shooting too much for it too often.
    QUOTE]

HP this i can really identify with, I also found that the mulitishot option was making it harder for me to "fine tune" a zero

Michael

636 Guest
    I had the same experience with the mag on a mk3. I was using the single shot tray and had everything zeored nicely, put the 10 shot on and the zero droped by about 6 inches just by changing to 10 shot i don't know how it happened but i prefer single shot anyway and have sold the mag you can get about £30 for them on here.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Hi Michael, Your experiences echo mine exactly.

I had an air arms s410 and bought a single shot adaptor for it. Eventually I found I was using that more than the mag. The 410 was swapped for a pro-target (single shot)

I agree with HarryPotter, single shot makes you take your time and concentrate on each shot. I believe that my shooting has improved now I've gone back to single shot.

I've just bought a AA s400, single shot of course

Tony
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

I have always preffered single shot, which is why I use my MFR more than my Rapids, only thing I can think of where I prefer multishot is a hot session of ratting

I prefer springers and gasrams to PCPs too really

Baz

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    I'm the same I always use my MFR as a single shot, though I often use my Lazaglide more than the pcp even when I had my 400.

The magazine is just something else to go wrong and only gains you about a second when reloading - not enough to make a difference in 99% of hunting situations. Indispensable for night shooting though or when you're wearing gloves that cover the fingertips.

Lionel

michaeladkins Guest
    Very interesting answers, thanks.

Despite all the mulit-shot pcp rifles available it seems single shot options are just as popular as ever.

At least i dont feel "odd" anymore!!

Darren Petts Guest
    1. Possibly, but not on this issue
    2. Ditto my experiences. Single for me with the exception of night hunting.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    1. No
    2. Yes. Got myself a nice shiny S410K initially for hunting. Started going to Thorn Dell and found that I just went silly when using a mag. Got myself a single shot adaptor in fairly short order. In the end I got myself a Pro-target so the 410 has been relegated back to hunting or the occasional informal club HFT competition. I anticipate that it will only go to the club for the occasional zero checking session.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Disaster Guest

If you hunt a magazine is a godsend.

The first time you fumble for the second quick shot in the icy cold and drop your pellets in the dirt you will curse the single shot. With a magazine my hands stay in my toasty warm gloves.

Danny